cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT availability checker error?

N/A

I moved home just before xmas and took my phone number with me (old and new house are on the same exchange).
Now when the original occupants where in the house before i bought it and transferred my phone number over i tried their number (which now doesnt exist) in the BT availability checker to make sure i wont have any potential ADSL problems...it came up, as i expected, with full 2mb, 1mb etc available for the line. It was expected because my old house had ISDN and i had a BT guy out to remove this and check the line and it was ~26dB plus this new house is only around the corner from the old one so distances from exchange will be very similar (i expect the BT cable to take the same route as the exchange is 2km down a country road with no other estates in the middle etc etc).

Now when i try my phone number in the checker for my new address it says i can get 512k and 1mb only and 1mb might need an engineer visit.....is this a normal response from the checker when i'm in the middle of cancel and reprovide....anyone else had a similar experience? Am i getting paranoid about my line being bad? seems odd as it was fine on the previous occupants number! :?

(my next door neighbours plus a mate over the road whose line comes from the same pole all get the 2mb, 1mb full job lot on the checker! as does my brother and mother in law who are on the same exchange and similar distance from the exchange).
1 REPLY
N/A

Good news...my line on the checker is back to saying 2mb, 1mb etc Cheesy

Probably a combo of BT finally cancelling my ADSL off my old line (PN ordered my 1Mb today) and my sister in law who boughtmy old property finally getting a new phone number on my old line.