Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale error pages on adsl dial

N/A

This appears to be happening again.

It's very annoying.

Anyone else having issues?

How can I raise a fault or speak to someone?

Cheers
Vicky
31 REPLIES
N/A

I'm getting this as well. Certain pages lead to a BT Wholesale error page. Is it something to do with the server upgrades plusnet were doing this morning?
N/A

For what it's worth. I did another restart of my router and, for the moment, it seems to have cleared it up.

Good luck.

Cheers
Vicky
N/A

There's a few causes for the BTW error page - but usually it's because there's a problem with the connection between your exchange and PlusNet, or you have a stale session (one that's not been ended correctly for one reason or another). Usually just leaving your equipment (router or modem) off for 30-60 mins and then reconnecting can sort it out.

There's also just been a service status message concerning BT Wholesale error pages. So that might explain any errors in the past day or two.
N/A

I have been seeing the BT Wholesale message intermittently for the past few days. Some pages show, but others do not.

Re-starting my router and flushing the browser cache sometimes works, but not always.

The Service Announcement says it's mostly occuring in the south of the country, but I'm 'up north'!

Any word on when it'll go away?
N/A

I'm having the problems and I'm up north as well.
N/A

I never had this problem before until a few mins ago, every website I wanted to visit gave me the BT Wholesale Service Information Page. Rebooted PC, seems ok again now.
N/A

happend to me at 17:55 iam on the Sunderland north Exchange but it only lasted 5mins max (i was on Counter-Strike Source though Sad )
N/A

BT Wholesale error

Happening to me and i am in Chesterfield, pages work every so often but utils like winmx do not connect at all, i agree very annoying.
N/A

my winmx hasnt been working for a month PN port blockingHuh?
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The easiest way to deal with the BT Wholesale page is to manually assign the DNS details that your machine is using. Its best to set these on the computer itself, under network connections, rather than setting them on the router and letting DHCP handle passing them out. Any two of the following four will work, though best results are obtained when using both servers from a pair.

JonathanW
Grafter

my winmx hasnt been working for a month PN port blockingHuh?

There's a reason for WinMX not being fully functional recently, as they have recently gone offline after letters from the RIAA, more information is available here
N/A

tbh its not that good any way mostly used it for chat
N/A

This page shows you how to fix WinMX

http://www.vladd44.com/mx/peercaches.php
N/A

thanks ian, up and running again.