cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Wholesale Gateway page

N/A

I seem to be getting a BT Wholesale Gateway page quite often when trying to access some url's.

This started about 10 days ago, just before I went away on holiday, and is still doing it on my return.

Just wondered if anyone else was experiencing this.

If I get it again I will take a screenshot and take a note of the IP address in Address Bar
2 REPLIES
N/A

Just got it again. Didn't get an IP address this time. The text of the page is as follows:-

You have been connected to this page due to one of the following reasons. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.

The BTWholesale access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down.
Your service should be resumed soon.
Or
You are testing your local connection to BT using
‘bt_test_user@startup_domain’
Or
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using ‘bt_test_user@domain’ where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Or
Your Service Provider is currently unable to accept your connection request please wait until service is restored or contact your Service Provider for further information.
Or
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
N/A

Hi there,

This happens from time to time.

Basically your modem / router is failing to connect properly to PlusNets network and the BT DNS is being assigned to prevent your router hammering the BT network.

In this case, firstly type ipconfig /flushdns from a command line and then power down your router for about 1 hour to clear any possible stale session.

Once you power up again you should be able to connect as normal.

Let us know how you get on, or if the problem persists.