cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager USB Modem with PlusNet anyone ????

N/A

BT Voyager USB Modem with PlusNet anyone ????

Hi.

Just got my line activated (Dec-10) and I got a mate's BT Voyager USB Modem for Self-Install option.

1. I'm having trouble getting the "Link" light activated on the modem, and ...

2. I need help in getting the cabling / splitter thing in the right order ; my line comes in at the hall where I have the socket box and 1 'phone then an extension upstairs where I have my PC (+ Modem) and a 2nd phone & a fax.

Does anyone have expewrience of using a Voyager with PlusNet and can they advise me on the right way to order the splitters / cables, etc ?.

Cheers ! EMail me at : jb@currantbun.com or johnbalmer@johnbalmer.plus.com
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: BT Voyager USB Modem with PlusNet anyone ????

The telephone splitter filter is needed for every active telephone point (where you have a telephone plugged in);

You will need to have:

Downstairs
Filter between the phone and socket downstairs.

Upstairs
End of extension:
Filter1: socket1 USB Broadband modem
: socket2 telephone, fax

You cannot have to broadband/telephone running from the same port!!

hope that helps
Eamon

> Hi.
>
> Just got my line activated (Dec-10) and I got a mate's BT Voyager USB Modem for Self-Install option.
>
> 1. I'm having trouble getting the "Link" light activated on the modem, and ...
>
> 2. I need help in getting the cabling / splitter thing in the right order ; my line comes in at the hall where I have the socket box and 1 'phone then an extension upstairs where I have my PC (+ Modem) and a 2nd phone & a fax.
>
> Does anyone have expewrience of using a Voyager with PlusNet and can they advise me on the right way to order the splitters / cables, etc ?.
>
> Cheers ! EMail me at : jb@currantbun.com or johnbalmer@johnbalmer.plus.com