cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Voyager 100

N/A

BT Voyager 100

Hi,

I was wondering if i needed to upgrade my modem. At the moment i have a BT voyager 100, will this be able to get me up to 8mb speeds?

thanks

Attom36
8 REPLIES
N/A

BT Voyager 100

All current modems and routers should be able to manage up to 8meg ok. Having said that the newer the model the better the chance or failing that update firmeware would have the same result
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 100

The voyager 100 is not a current model, its been replaced by the Voyager 105, which itself is several years old now..

Even knowing that, it's also a USB device (and USB 1.1 at that) and thus can be a problem with handling higher speeds on the USB interface.

Also the Replacement voyager 105 has problems with > 2Mbs without a driver patch so it's possible the earlier model (and thus driver) may equally have a similar problem.

My recomendation is to ugrade to a router, not just because of the higher speed, but also because routers and its ethernet interface are much more reliable and better for your overall PC performance.
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 100

I can tell you that the "Voyager 100" will indeed work!
I am using one at the moment because my router died.
Speeds in excess of 5MB ^^

However, Peter certainly does make good suggestions, and I concur that a good router should beat the pants off these old usb 1 modems! Wink
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 100

In the unlikely event that my BB+ account (from Dec05) is upgraded to 8MB any time soon, could you point me at where I can find an appropriate patch/upgrade for the Voyager 105?

I've googled for it but so far failed to come up with the goods. The BT download
site only has the drivers & firmware mine was shipped with.

(Finding the money for a router is equally unlikely Sad )

tia Paul
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

BT Voyager 100

Have a look at this part of the BT site http://www.faster.bt.com/faqs.asp#modem
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 100

good link.
that's a helpful page for those needing a MAX primer.
If it were not so BT-centric it might be useful at the top of this forum as a sticky.
N/A

BT Voyager 100

could you point me at where I can find an appropriate patch/upgrade for the Voyager 105?

Try here >>link<<
Community Veteran

BT Voyager 100

thanks for that

paul