cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtester

N/A

BT Speedtester

Any one else having problems connecting to the official BT speedtester.??

is it just us.??!

any one reccomend another speed testing service?Huh
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BT Speedtester

ADSL Guide is well regarded.
I've noticed a lot of people using speedtest.net and bbmax
it's all a bit of a lottery though i reckon
N/A

Bt Speedtester

I have tried the BT speedtester and had continuing problems. Having eventually got beyond the first page it now tells me that my email address doesn't match that given when they query the network for my domain name! Do I have a domain name??

www.adslguide.org is quite good. The speed test has a link on the top right hand side of the page.

I wish you luck Cheesy
hitachi
Grafter

BT Speedtester

You should not be using your email address it needs your plusnet login as used on yout modem/router.
N/A

BT Speedtester

Thanks...... I did work that one out at silly o'clock this morning (that's the trouble with being blonde), but appreciate your response nonetheless.

I did eventually get a result. Having tried again today, however, to see if I could get improved results, yet again have been unable to connect to the speedtest. There always seems to 'be an error has ocurred'.
ady
Grafter

BT Speedtester

just keep trying ^^
N/A

BT Speedtester

I used the BT speedtester over the last 7 days I tried 27 times and conected only two times. so its a lot of pot luck if you get it to work when plusnet is playing up so bad
N/A

BT Speedtester

The BT speedtester rarely works for me either.

A good test is to get a download manager like Download Accelerator Plus and hammer your connection with a couple of downloads.

Speed tests rarely give me more than 2250kbps but dap shows ~360kbps which is about right for my 3mb line rate.
Liam
Grafter

BT Speedtester

We have noted a series of annoying problems with the new BT Speedtester and have taken these up with BT. Dave and Bob have yet to run a successful test.

In the majority of cases, though, persistence does help - and off-peak it is generally less busy.
shellsong
Grafter

BT Speedtester

A good test is to get a download manager like Download Accelerator Plus and hammer your connection with a couple of downloads.

The trouble is the BT Speedtester is the only one that gives a measure of what is going on locally off the PlusNet network and enables you to see if local contention is the major problem you are experiencing
N/A

BT Speedtester

thanks all, still no joy with BT tho! :twisted:
N/A

BT Speedtester

Is it essential to log into the internet with the special
speedtest@speedtest_domain

internet login, or will it work with my normal modem configuration?

I've not managed to make it work yet either way. It would certainly be more convenient if I could run it without having to reconfigure and reboot my modem each time, but if it is this flakey, I don't want to be trying and trying again with a configuration that is guaranteed not to work!
N/A

BT Speedtester

You have to log in to the new BT speedtester using your normal PlusNet login on your modem, and enter the same name when prompted by the speedtester.

I find that the best time to use it is around 6 am, although maybe too many other people are realising that now.
Community Veteran

BT Speedtester

there's at least two bt speedtesters kicking about, the "old" (the url i have for it redirects to the "new" one) where you need to reconnect to the internet using a special login, and the "new" one which doesn't require a reconnect but does prompt you for your adsl login name.
not to mention the one which just offers a big file for you to download and time. which is here
N/A

BT Speedtester

Thanks - so I'll just use my normal settings then.

I find that the best time to use it is around 6 am, although maybe too many other people are realising that now.
I'll set my alarm for 05:55 Wink