cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speedtest

truvoice
Grafter

BT Speedtest

Over the past few days I have been trying to do this bt speedtest at http://speedtester.bt.com because my speeds have been slower.
I keep on getting this message after I enter my telephone number and click GO.

"Unexpected result received when querying the network to find your services connection details. Please try again shortly, but if this problem persists raise the issue with your service provider."

I dunno, am I doing something wrong?
6 REPLIES
N/A

BT Speedtest

This error massage show you havnt connected to the bt network and are still on plus net. You need to reset your modem /router so it connects to bt and not to plus net.

..:: BT Broadband Speed Test login details

Next we need to change the username to : speedtest@speedtest_domain and leave the password blank. (no password).

Then simply establish the connection with the new details. Once the connection has been established, load up a suitable web browser and navigate to the following website address: http://217.35.209.142
psk10
Grafter

BT Speedtest

Ist You Insert your Phone number including your area code when it ask,s you for username put as below,

yourusername@plusdsl.net

I found that sometimes you need to do it a couple of times as you get an error message ,make sure you close anything else running at time .
Community Veteran

BT Speedtest

You need to reset your modem /router so it connects to bt and not to plus net.

Theres no need to do this now with the new BT speed tester.

It does however get very busy and I have found it best to try early morning when the networks are quieter.
There is also a lengthy wait while it checks out your details.
truvoice
Grafter

BT Speedtest

Thanks for the help.
So what I should do is try early in the morning and leave my username and password as normal. Am I right?
N/A

Speed tests

Hi, very interested in the speed test thing: As my speed had noticably dropped, I ran the BT test which reported that more tests were needed because of some issue, can't remember the exact reply. I was then prompted to change login details etc. for it to comtinue. This point left me behind as I could not remember how to get to the broadband login and password on my system ( never needed to do it over the last 'n' years). Can anyone help?
Also, has anyone else found that the Plus.net speed test does not complete? The progress bar gets half way in less than a minute, then, no further progress!
Community Veteran

BT Speedtest

Thanks for the help.
So what I should do is try early in the morning and leave my username and password as normal. Am I right?

Correct
Just enter your full phone number, no spaces in it.
It can then take what seems like an age to go to the next stage or it will come up with an error such as busy or can't resolve the number.

The next stage will request your log in name, so just tell it what you normally use to log onto Plusnet. In most cases this will be yourusername@plusdsl.net

Another bit of a wait and it should then start running the test which will tell you your profile and the peeds etc.