cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speed Test

cranwin
Dabbler

BT Speed Test

After a long battle with BT and PN to get my line sorted things seem to have got a lot better, just done a BT speed test and these are the results.... Is this good or bad?

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7000 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8096 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 466 kbps
3 REPLIES
N/A

BT Speed Test

Check out
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
immediately and if PN havent updated your MSR yet put in a ticket. Although it can take say 24 hours for PN to react after BT have updated your IP profile and informed PN.
cranwin
Dabbler

BT Speed Test

PN are reporting my MSR to be 7500 Kbps.

So I think that my connection is all sorted and Tickety boo? no Punn intended on the Tickety!!!

we just need to Get PN to sort out the network now so that we can actually download at above 50-60 Kbps
bewick
Grafter

BT Speed Test

Exactly how do I put in a ticket? I checked the link you suggested and Plusnet said 500kbps (actual is 126 just now). Funny that since I usually achieve about 1800kbps (half what my router says and less than half what BT say my line can deliver).
OR is it simply that Plusnet are doing something to their equipment between 3:00 p.m. yesterday to 3:00 p.m. today although they said it wouldn't affect users. And/or are Tiscali or BT messing with my exchange at this time and how do I find out.
Was about to re-install my old modem just to check but since loads of people are having the prob. seem a bit useless trying