cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Speed Test Results

N/A

BT Speed Test Results

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7456 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 52 kbps

Is this an acceptable speed? At present my link is only just about workable. I've raise support calls but PLUSNET just closes them without providing any reasonable answer. I've been a customer for 4 years and in that time have been very happy with the service. Now I'm considering moving ISP.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BT Speed Test Results

Have you been having problems that cause the router to disconnect at all?

Looks like you have resynced below 1Mbs recently and your IP profile has been reduced by BT as a result. Even though you may resync higher again, BT take 3->5 days to increase your IP profile to match your current sync rate and untikl that happens your throughput speed is 500Kbs.

There is nothing PN can do to speed this process up, you, like many others, just have to wait for the BT automated systems to catch up again.
James
Grafter

BT Speed Test Results

Hi there,

Your speeds are slow currently because you have gone over 6GB of usage during peak times on the Broadband Plus product, hence your speeds will have been restricted to roughly 128Kbps.

I can see that you have made a request to move onto a Broadband Your Way product, which will happen on your next billing date. Once the change over has occurred, you shouldn't see any reoccurrance of these speed issues.