cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Regrading - has it worked for you?

N/A

I thought i would post a poll to see how well BT have handled the demands for faster adsl..now i know they havn't done well over all and seem to have radically underguessed the demand for faster speeds with their processing centres...but im curious to know how plus net users have fared out of this since 6th sept..as i have seen people who are happy..and people who are not happy..

anyhow cast your vote if you were upgraded and how it was for you.

as im currently waiting for bt to upgrade me as well.
26 REPLIES
N/A

i had a 3 day delay which im still not happy about, but when it was regraded the speed was as it should be, if i want to regrade again im waiting for a non-busy period to do so.
Community Veteran

Well im in the process of going from 512k BT installed to 2meg, so far I'm on 1meg and it went smoothly although it took a week and a half, probably be the same for the 2meg regrade part but it's not a major problem for me.
N/A

3 days late and still waiting....
N/A

I applied for my regrade on the 6th. My ticket was put on hold until the 14th, while BT regraded the line. It has been in the "P & F regrades pool", where it has been "escalating to be actioned" for the last three days.

What really worries me, however, is that according to the various BT order checkers (and yes, I am using the right ones!), there are no orders pending on my line.

I have been unable to get any further info from Plusnet, either through the ticket system or by phoning customer services. I do understand that they have been overwhelmed by orders, and that many/most of the problems are due to BT, but I do find it galling to hear of people who applied days after me getting connected, when I can't seem to get anyone to look at my now-11-day-old ticket

Anyone else in the same boat?
N/A

Anyone else in the same boat?

exactly the same for me more less:
request submitted 5th Sept (late in the evening)
fee taken 6th
regrade submitted to BT 7th
returned to P&F 14th
escalating to be actioned 14th

as of 3pm today nothing has happened, I have checked on the BT trackers and the only thing I can see is my transfer from BTBroadband back in June.
I would guess it varies by geography to some extent, you're not in the NWest by any chance?
N/A

Sorry to hear that, but I'm glad it's not just me. Frustrating, isn't it?

I'm in Brighton - the South-East!
N/A

well at least they consistent in their inefficiency - not sure if that is really a good thing though...

I guess we should be thankful for small mercies and our lines are still up, there are plenty who have been disconnected for days
Community Veteran

While I agree it would be nice to have my regrade all done and dusted but at the same time, consider the amount of regrades they are doing this week, I'd rather see some backlog than have engineers taken from more important jobs like fixing adsl and phone line problems.

Chris
N/A

if we were talking about a small business with little resource I would agree with you however we are talking about a large multi-national with considerable resources both monetary and manpower. Any demand manager with an ounce of braincells should have predicted this situation and planned accordingly.
To be missing timelines by this much is just not good enough...
Ommin
Grafter

Applied to Plusnet for an upgrade from 512k to 2Mb on 6 September, 2004. Request submitted to B.T. on 7 September and new account up and running on 14 September, 2004.
N/A

My concern, and I really hope I'm wrong about this, is that they are too busy processing regrades that were ordered after mine to notice that my order has not registered on BT's system.

Well, it's 6:30 on a Friday night, so it looks like my ticket is going to make it to 5 days without a response. You would think it would be bringing up the average more!
N/A

i agree with elston, they should of been prepared for this surge in workload and adjusted, its farcical tbh. I expect higher standards from plusnet in future
N/A

I was refering more to BT than PlusNet, as I understand things the delay is on BTs side not PlusNets...
N/A

My regrade order (512K->1M) was completed on 14/9 and since then I've had no connection whatsoever (the ADSL indicator on my router isn't lit up). Is there a lot of other people in this situation as most other posts just indicate they had to wait a while without any downtime.

:?