cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Problems

N/A

BT Problems

I am myself waiting patiently for an ADSL connection to be activated. Reading the frustrations of other users, the same message seems to come across - that PlusNet are doing their very best, with BT being the pain in the neck. I contacted PlusNet Tech Support last week to see if an estimated date of completion could be sought, only to get the answer that such things are not possible and that we would all just have to wait - but giving full assurance that they will let me know as soon as anything is forthcoming from BT.

I have worked in the telecomms industry for over 20 years, and don't believe that a large corporate customer would ever be expected to be content with an indeterminate delivery date (suppliers usually have to work to deadlines!). Why should we therefore, as end consumers / members of the public, be treated any differently?

If the waiting time goes on too long (and I really don't mind waiting a bit longer myself), then perhaps there is case for pressing BT (and Oftel if necessary) about it directly. I'm not one for stirring up trouble, and if my comments are in any way unwise or out of turn, then please don't hesitate to say so.

Andrew Perry.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: BT Problems

> I am myself waiting patiently for an ADSL connection to be activated. Reading the frustrations of other users, the same message seems to come across - that PlusNet are doing their very best, with BT being the pain in the neck. I contacted PlusNet Tech Support last week to see if an estimated date of completion could be sought, only to get the answer that such things are not possible and that we would all just have to wait - but giving full assurance that they will let me know as soon as anything is forthcoming from BT.
>
> I have worked in the telecomms industry for over 20 years, and don't believe that a large corporate customer would ever be expected to be content with an indeterminate delivery date (suppliers usually have to work to deadlines!). Why should we therefore, as end consumers / members of the public, be treated any differently?
>
> If the waiting time goes on too long (and I really don't mind waiting a bit longer myself), then perhaps there is case for pressing BT (and Oftel if necessary) about it directly. I'm not one for stirring up trouble, and if my comments are in any way unwise or out of turn, then please don't hesitate to say so.
>
> Andrew Perry.

My god how weird...sorry same name