cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT MSI increase

N/A

BT MSI increase

Hi there,

I have noticed in the last number of weeks that the number of MSI's experienced by BT right across the UK has increased sharply.

Is this the nature of the beast - increased up take of ADSL - or is there a generic problem with the equipment used by BT or the configuration of same?

Mark
2 REPLIES
N/A

BT MSI increase

I suspect some part of this is that support are posting more and more out as Service Status updates.

However, you are right in saying that there has been an increase in major failures at POPs, rather than just localised failures.

Companies will always have an off season, where there seems to be a pattern showing a huge increase of failures. However, it is only a few months down the line, where we will know if it is such a patch, or somthing more severe.
N/A

BT MSI increase

Hi there

Agreed, we will probably have to wait and see what is down the line (no pun intended).

I have been told that various BT bods from the North of England, Scotland and N. Ireland are meeting in Manchester this week to look at a number of issues that have arisen.

The story goes that some years ago it was recommended that Bt use a particular peice of kit, however they decided to use a cheaper version and are suffering from that decision now.

Apologies for the vagueness but I have absolutley no idea what goes on at exchanges or what equipment is used etc.

As i said earlier we will just have to wait and see.

Mark