cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT IP Profile at 7150, Plusnet say 500

N/A

Had a dodgy modem and BT reduced my speed down to .5mb due to frequent disconnections. Got a new router and stats are good now.

BT speed tests now report my IP profile at 7150 but Plusnet tell me "Our records show that your current expected Data Transfer Rate is [ 0.5mb ]"

Question 20767291 if anyone can help

Router stats

Uptime: 0 days, 11:49:43
Modulation: G.992.1 Annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,128
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 6.45 / 34.89
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 11.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 20.0 / 33.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 24.0 / 10.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / 
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 225 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 74 / 245
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 16 / 149
17 REPLIES
N/A

Is it saying 500kbps here? https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

This page takes a while to update, slower than the BT speedtest.

Are you actually only getting 500kbps ?
N/A

Yes, Plusnet site gives my data transfer speed as 500kbps

I think the problem is Plusnet is not picking up the fact that BT recognise my connection is OK now, BT report my IP profile as 7150 on every BT speed test.Yet my actual download on BT speed test and others is around 500 kbps, upload is around 350 so I`m still on max.

I have pointed this out to Plusnet but either I'm wrong, which is very unlikely , or I`ve identified a training need for Plusnet. Smiley
Community Veteran

Its the other way round BT have not yet told PlusNet that your line can support a higher speed.

When its the other way round the notification is very quick, odd that :x.

It will take about (at least) 10 days for the system to pick this up, I have seen it suggested somewhere that rebooting your router once a day will help.

Chilly
N/A

Hmmm, that's not what Plusnet CSR tell me.

Plusnet told me to reboot my router 2 or 3 times a day which I've been doing.

Plusnet told me it would take 3 days.

Plusnet then said 3 to 5 days.

Plusnet know say "Our records show that your current expected Data Transfer Rate is [ 0.5mb ]"
Which, by the way, it has been since I reported the problem.

:roll:

Surely if BT are reporting my IP as 7150 the BT system has updated and there is no point rebooting router as the problem is the comms between BT and Plusnet. As Plusnet supply my service I believe it is up to them to sort it, that's why I give them money every month.
N/A

Very poor support from customer services, I have had 4 replies to the ticket/question I raised, which is good as at least they reply but frankly the can not be reading my question or replies.
Keep getting fobbed off with garbage, honestly think they have`nt got a clue or don't care.Have replied again asking them to read my post and act upon it or send me my MAC.

Read lots on adsl guide about Plusnet support/lack of, but never realised just how bad things were.
N/A

Read lots on adsl guide about Plusnet support/lack of, but never realised just how bad things were.

Welcome to my world! :lol:
sophos9
Grafter

Drop a support ticket to PN requesting they check the last delta report received by BT.

Also ask them to conduct a whoosh test via their eco interface, this will confirm your problem.

This is a known problem where PN either does not get the report or do not process it...
N/A

Drop a support ticket to PN requesting they check the last delta report received by BT.

Also ask them to conduct a whoosh test via their eco interface, this will confirm your problem.

This is a known problem where PN either does not get the report or do not process it...

Cheers for suggestion
Is`nt above what support should be coming up with though?

Plusnet replied again to my ticket last night, see below. BT speed test has said my IP profile is 7150 for over a week and my Speedtouch 585 router shows Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 8,128.Looks as if they will now change my data rate/ profile manually. I asked them to check my profile was not "stuck" over a week ago and asked if there was a comms problem between BT and Plusnet. Well will see what happens next

"I have checked the delta reports directly on BT's system and it is not showing as 7150. Please advise if your router/modem is syncronsing at this speed or if you have just obtained this from the BT speed tester.
If it is we can mannualy change the connection profile. If not it must stay as it is by increasing the connection profile above the syncronisation speed would cause server data loss on your connection."
N/A

I'm going through the same situation myself with PN currently :roll:
N/A

Just had another reply to my question, they are going to monitor my BT speed tests, don't know why they don`t look at one of the 30 or so I've done over the last 10 days.Actually I probably do know but it won`t get past the censor.

If my performance in work was any thing like the support I`ve had from Plusnet I'd be looking for another job by now.
ady
Grafter

i thaught there was a thread by a mod, who can change the profiles manually
shellsong
Grafter

Mods can't change profiles any more than any other PlusNet customer can, although they are more able to communicate with members of the Comms Team than the rest of us I understand
N/A

We have a couple of channels to flag issues through to them, but they aren't guaranteed to work.

And yep, you are right, we can't do anything with customer accounts except for forum related stuff. (Can't see any details, not even which package folks are on)
N/A

Could you please wave a flag for Question 20767291 :?: