cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Exchange regrades

iPaqowner
Grafter

BT Exchange regrades

Hi, Can someone post a link to the BT site where you can see when your exchange is going to get the free speed regrade (if that's the proper term?)
Thanks.
12 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

BT Exchange regrades

Punch your telephone number into http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges and you'll get the info you need.

Bear in mind that these are guide dates, and a lot of them have been missed by BT.
Community Veteran

BT Exchange regrades

*Cough* Aylesbury - April *Cough*
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

I have theory about the missed April exchanges, which I am investigating
iPaqowner
Grafter

BT Exchange regrades

Punch your telephone number into http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges and you'll get the info you need.

Bear in mind that these are guide dates, and a lot of them have been missed by BT.

Thanks for the link Liam.
The results for my exchange state August so I'll just need to be patient. :lol:
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

i hate to sound like a n00b but, I keep hearing "free speed regrades", but what actually are they? mine was in April... no June... no this August!
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

dont worry i read about it now
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

I have theory about the missed April exchanges, which I am investigating

Can you expand on this theory - as my exchange was due to be upgraded in April and am still waiting (and I appear not to be alone).

BT may have delays in the schedule, but you'd still expect them to follow the original plan surely, of upgrading the April exchanges first of all - In which case why are a lot of people still waiting nearly 3/4 months down the line!
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

i find it weird how each exchange needs upgrading, whilst others that have been upgraded will need upgrading like 2 weeks later. This is what has happened to my exchange lately. It got updated in June, and then July, and now the VP is in teh red and the next upgrade is in August. Hmm...whats going on?Huh
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

After a little investigation, it would seem that my theory is a red hering.
Community Veteran

BT Exchange regrades

Cry
just out of interest (pure nosiness :lolSmiley what was your theory?
N/A

BT Exchange regrades

dont stress over it, if your anything like me on the Anston Dinnington exchange, you will get a registered increase in speed on your router but you wont experience any benifit at all. I once got to 70 Kbps with the wind behind me. My mate on AOHell gets 130+ and i generally run at 60.

ITS SICKENING.

Dont think that your upgrade is really worth having as it may no be any good at all!

the ZC
Community Veteran

BT Exchange regrades

When did your sync speed increase you could be being throttled by PN - try some BT speed test see what they give.