cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Activation Date

N/A

BT Activation Date

I've been given an activation date. BT put a new line in earlier this week, plus.net have authorised my ADSL order.

Surely BT will just flick a switch on/around that date? Or is it a palaver of booking an BT engineer to "physically activate" the line?

There's broadband already on another line in my shared house - would I be best off checking with BT?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BT Activation Date

You cannot talk to BT Retail (who you pay your phone bill to and who owns the line) about ADSL as they have no responsibility for ADSL, this is BT Wholesales responsibility and only ISPs can talk to them.

There are several steps that BT have to undertake before activation and also they are doing several thousand activations every day so you have to go into a job queue for the work to be done, which it why it can take up to 10 days for the activation to be done.

You also cannot get the work done any quicker. You have to be patient and wait for PlusNets email to say your line activation has been completed.
N/A

BT Activation Date

Thanks Peter.

Plus.net have been great in communicating the progress so far - the order checker is excellent.

What I'm hoping to avoid is a situation (which I've had with other ISPs at previous addresses) whereby the ISP turns around and says "we can't complete your order because BT say your line is not enabled for Broadband" -

This throws the onus on me to contact BT and book an activation date which delays everything.

Or should I just let things run their course (as you suggest)?
Community Veteran

BT Activation Date

Just leave everything to PlusNet.
prichardson
Grafter

BT Activation Date

Hi,

I don't know the specifics of your problems with previous providers, but essentialy if BT are showing that the order is not complete, then we too wouldn't complete your order.

Why?

Well for a start, you are billed from the point we complete the order. BT at that point could still turn around and reject your line for ADSL.

We would normally check to see if your line is active when you request to find out, and complete it if needed. If a customer feels they are active but BT do not confirm it, we will complete it at the customers risk.

Regardless of this, there is no appointment that needs to be organised with BT, unless you are having a HomeHighway conversion, or BT need to enter your pememsis to remove DACS.

For these as advised, it is BT Wholesale that want these changes to be made, so you cannot organise an appointment with BT directly, as your only point of contact is BT Retail, who will either look at your confused or advise incorrectly.

The date BT provide us is the soonest oportunity they can actualy perform the activation, and not one chosen from a hat or picked as a result of it being a minimum of X days away.

Kind Regards,