cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 8mbps statement, how much per month?

apollo1
Grafter

BT Wholesale has released details of what it plans to trial product wise during 2005, and also some reductions in ADSL pricing. The relevant BT press release can be found here..

The key points are:

* Plan to start a trial in April 2005, whereby lines capable of 2Mbps now, will be used to deliver whatever speed the line is capable of between 2Mbps and 8Mbps. Product launches should hopefully be in the Autumn of 2005.

What would a realistic price per month be for this? would 2mbp drop to around £10, as the choice between 0.25, 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 would surely have to mean really cheap price access to the lower products.

Gray
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I doubt that level of detail is available yet or not been determined yet.

I also doubt the current products will reduce in price to the levels you are suggesting as they are already just above the wholesale cost (i.e. what BT charge Plusnet) price for the service anyway and making them lower will mean each product would run at a loss.

PlusNet have stated elsewhere when detals are available they will be informing their customers.
N/A

will we get free upgrades Smiley
N/A

I'm guessing this is for ADSL2+, I think 2005 could be an interesting year for BB in general
N/A

We wont see this upgrades till end of the year i think so nothing to jump about yet
apollo1
Grafter

I'm guessing this is for ADSL2+, I think 2005 could be an interesting year for BB in general

BT said ADSL2+ will be upto 18mbps according to its statement, but i can't see that happening for quite along time.
N/A

bah , there is a problem with it goin more than 8mbit/ most modems / routers out there do 8mbit and below, not above Sad

buz
N/A

This is ADSL2+ which will not work with normal ADSL modems anyhow, so upgrades will be a must.
N/A

Will they be free Wink
N/A

Thats a bit like asking if the latest digital camera memory will be free. Tongue
N/A

I know, but its always worth a shot is it not :p

Buz