cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 1Mbit trial

N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

I just read on the reg that bt are gonna start doing trials on 1Mbit adsl and will be taking registration from september, will +net be in this? What is the likely cost gonna be for an existing standard ADSL cutomer? Cheers.
22 REPLIES
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

Do you mean a special type of 1mb adsl? PlusNet already offer standard 1mb ADSL services, see here for details.
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

I to am reading that report (available HERE).

There seems to be very little information available on it in that report, and makes no sence seeing how it is allready available.

HERE is the same article via ADSLGuide.

My guess is it surounds the contention ratio.

THe better part is, it will offer a proper migration path from 500 to 1000, so downtime will be absolute minumum.

Without +Net confirming anything, I can almost gurentee that they will offer this new product. It is based on the IPStream range, and +Net have allready stated they are comitted to offering any IPStream product BT announce.
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

http://www.adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=1275

It's been in the pipeline for some time and it's now coming to you--BT Wholesale has announced a trial of a 1Mbps consumer ADSL product entitled "IPStream Home1000". It was inevitable that BT would have to increase its IPStream offering as more and more users were flocking to the reduced price Office2000, DataStream and LLU services. The trial is expected to start on 6 October after BT's internal trial phase is completed in a month's time.

The good news is that it will be possible to upgrade from an IPStream Home500 to the new product (and back if you so desire) however BT point out that the Home1000 package is not rate-adaptive so users on the extremes of getting broadband may not be able to upgrade if their line quality is not adequate. The trial is open to all BT customers (the ISPs) with no limits on the number of customers placed by BT, although users may wish to note that service providers may only offer limited spaces. The usual £50 installation fee applies for new lines and regrades from Home500 are £35. The wholesale cost of monthly line rental is £23 (all excluding VAT).

We will look forward to the day when BT offers seamless Home-to-Office product migrations, and I for one would upgrade without hesitation save for the inconvenience that can sometimes be caused during this upgrade. On this note, the upgrade path for Home1000 is very welcome [seb]

The good news is that it will be possible to upgrade from an IPStream Home500 to the new product (and back if you so desire)

You can count me in this trial!

Hopefully.

The wholesale cost of monthly line rental is £23 (all excluding VAT).

What's the wholesale cost of the Home500 lines?
Community Veteran

BT 1Mbit trial

About £15 IIRC.

Chris
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

About £15 IIRC.

Chris

So this Home1000 should be around £29-£30?
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

1Mb for £30, Chalk me up.
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

1Mb for £30, Chalk me up.

:lol: Me too! :lol:
Community Veteran

BT 1Mbit trial

I think you will find thats the cost to PlusNet fromthe provider BT.
You will then have to add PlusNets running costs to this. So it will be a bit more than that.
N/A

1mb

any idea where u can sign up for this trial ,although i doubt il be able to get it as i was told i was on the limit for a 512 connection Cry
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

If so, you are looking far higher than 29-30. The price is ex VAT.

If you work it using somthing like

Cost: £15
Chage: £21.99
Margin >: 31.79%

Cost: £23+ = £27
Charge: ~£35.62
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

Count me in on the trial aswell! Been waiting a long time for this, hope they increase the speed to 2mb+ just like cable have and other ADSL providers.
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

Ill have some of that...been wanting to upgrade speed wise from 512 and although i could have gone for the homeworker thing im so completly addited to the net that any amount of downtime sees me start to pull out what hair i have left :twisted:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

BT 1Mbit trial

with it still being IPstream whats the dB limits?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

BT 1Mbit trial

Not sure.

However, the news articles did note that it will not be run on the RADSL platform.

So provided rate adaption doesn't kick in on your line, you should be OK.