cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT 1800HG ROUTER Only for BT Broadband and discontinued !

Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

Hi

Received my BT 1800HG router as upgraded to option 3 and am about to set up but when i went on the BT shop site it said this router is not compatible with any other Broadband service other than BT and will not even work on BT Yahoo ?

Quote:

This product is designed for BT Broadband and will not work with any other broadband service, including BT Yahoo! Broadband. If you do not have BT Broadband click here for an alternative router.

Before i unpack it just wanted to make sure i had been sent the right bit of kit as another member received the BT Voyager 2110.Although the 1800HG is a nice looking bit of kit.

Thanks
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

We have an 1800 set up here for testing and it works fine on our service Cheesy

The setup guide can be found here
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I also have noticed that BT have discontinued this router is there a reason for this as it seems a bit early in the day to discontinue a new product or is this an old product i have been sent ?
Fantasticfourum
Aspiring Pro

I think that these have been dumped on the market by BT if you go onto E-Bay there are several sellers selling upwards of twenty or thirty of these all brand new and they a currently selling for £17 a pop on buy it now and bulk sellers dont have the installation disks strange that mine also has no installation disc....I think that although free i am concerned that i have been given an outdated router and also that if you cancel within a year you have to pay PN £65 for one....It would also explain why they work on any provider as BT could only get rid of them if they unlocked them as these were designed for BT only broadband users.One seller on EBay as over 100 of these all without installation discs and all at £17.99 each. I was feeling that i had a bargain with a free router but maybe not.....
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Hi,

I'm not sure why you received the 1800HG, the deferred router should be the voyager 2110.
If you have a look at the tickets on your account I've given you some advise on how to resolve this so we can get the correct hardware to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Pittock1986

hi

also to add, i recieved the BT 1800HG router as i upgraded to option 3 and i'm just wondered if it's the correct one that i should have recieved. i've raised a ticket ID number 21730647
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

For customers upgrading to BBYW the 1800 is the kit we send out, so there's no mistake there.

There was some confusion internally which I've just addressed. Smiley

In terms of the discontinuation, this is largely because BT supply the Home Hub as part of their contracts these days, and wanted consolidation across their product range. The 1800 is a very good bit of kit, and does everything you could expect from a home router. We have one here on our test machine as Chris said earlier.

I've asked the questions internally regarding the deferred contract cost in light of what you've raised, and I'll be back here as soon as I get an answer. Smiley
N/A

If I was to upgrade to BBYW Option 3 and opted for one of these router's you are doing for *free* are they an better than the Netgear Wireless DG834PN router (although I am not using it wirelessly)?

thanks
Community Veteran

Personally I would stay with the Netgear, The BT 1800HG looks over priced. Cheesy

Chilly