cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBYW not working !!

N/A

BBYW not working !!

Hi,
In what seems like a mistaken attempt to save some money I "downgraded" from Premier to BBYW Option 2.

I don't use much bandwidth but I do run smtp, http and ftp services from my own server on a range of 8 statip IPs.

Thansfer happened OK and I can still browse, but the servers are not seeing any inbound traffic.

Have I missed something here? The blurb doesnt say anything about disallowing server ports. (I have checked that firewall and surf settings are off.)

cheers,
Dave
4 REPLIES
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

BBYW not working !!

I'm not sure that BBYW includes eight static IP addresses- although you're still able to use one- is this the cause of your problem? The IP addresses are unroutable?

I'd raise a ticket on that ASAP, it may be you'll be allowed to change back to a legacy product if this wasn't explained to you.

Alternatively could you use the same IP address with different port numbers or dynamic DNS?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

BBYW not working !!

Hi,

Looks like when you changed account type the firewall was set to "low" (I think that's done by default). I can see that you've switched it off but have you disconnected and reconnected since making the change? The change doesn't take effect immediately but only after a reconenct.
N/A

BBYW not working !!

That look like it! I did reconnect but I think it was before I noticed the Firewall had changed. Many thanks.
N/A

BBYW not working !!

Dave, can you clarify if BBYW does allow eight static IP addresses as I haven't been able to find this anywhere in the literature.

As some ISP's make this a real selling point (Zen etc.) perhaps it should be given more prominence?