cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBCi Collective

michaelscott
Grafter

BBCi Collective

I have no idea what this is, but apparently I'm supposed to be a broadband subscriber to view the content. lmao! I am a broadband subscriber and can use the rest of the BBCi Broadband services.

grrrrr Evil

Mike
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BBCi Collective

About collective. It is basically a discussion & review area of BBCi.

It is possible not all areas of BBCi have been updated to recognise plus.net's new IP addresses or Plus.net have added some new IP address ranges that BBCi do not know about yet.

What issues are you having as you don't actually say?
michaelscott
Grafter

BBCi Collective

I did say.

"you need to be a broadband subscriber to view this content

This is broadband content and is currently only available to UK residents to who have a broadband connection."

Surely all of the IP ranges are stored in one database and thus would only have to be updated once?
N/A

BBCi Collective

PlusNet have recently added more ranges, so the BBC database of "people who are allowed access" needs to be updated with these. However, they seem to take a few weeks to add any new ranges to their datavase.
michaelscott
Grafter

BBCi Collective

I said I can use the other services. The IP range that my IP falls under has been added.
Community Veteran

BBCi Collective

Well, maybe that part of the site uses a different database which has not been updated with the plusNet IP address range or it uses another method of determining you have a broadband connection.

The fact that the first time I accessed the page it asked if I had a broadband connection suggests it is different to the rest of the BBCi site. (I'm still BTOW ADSL)