cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC Broadband Site

N/A

BBC Broadband Site

Hi,

Does anybody know when/if plusnet is going to be added to the BBC broadband ISP list?
11 REPLIES
N/A

RE: BBC Broadband Site

> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know when/if plusnet is going to be added to the BBC broadband ISP list?

The last estimate was the end of February ( quoted by someone in a different thread as a response from the BBC not plusnet).

This question is asked on a regular basis and the current plusnet answer has been they are waiting on the BBC to complete the paper work ( or some such thing).

I wouldn't be to hopeful as its been coming soon for at least the last 3/4 months.

Steve

N/A

The latest thread regarding this issue can be found on ADSL guide forum.

http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=plusnet&Number=578673&page=3&view=expanded&s...

Steve
fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Chaps,

I would say that you should expect an annoucement about this towards the end of this week or the beginning of next.

We have completed everything on our side to enable this, including new portal content and marketing material. We have been in contact with the BBC on a daily basis for the last few weeks to make sure that everyhting is ready to go. We are just waiting on the BBC to finish their side and we can launch from there.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Concerning the Real player, has anyone found a 3rd party player that can handle Real streaming media.

As I refuse to use Reals own engine[spy ware/bloatware issues]. As there are free players cropping up, just I've not found one that can yet.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

The problem with Real, every bit of there streaming egine and player is protected, and can't be re-created.

Forcing major legal issues.

However, somthing I did notice, was Real open certain part of the code up.

Does anybody know if this allow for the full streaming abilities to implimented in other palyers.
N/A

Check out JetAudio, it supports Realmedia files. :cheese:

Or just go back to Realplayer 8 which is what I use, easy fast and not bloated with adverts and spyware like the new Realone.
N/A

Oh yeh, the address is www.jetaudio.com Roll eyes
Community Veteran

> Oh yeh, the address is www.jetaudio.com Roll eyes

thx for that already d/ling though googled it, now just to find one for Video as well ;o)

Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

>thx for that already d/ling though googled it, now just to find one for Video as well ;o)
>
>

It supports Realvideo too, presumabely, well it says on their site it does. ;-)
Community Veteran

> >thx for that already d/ling though googled it, now just to find one for Video as well ;o)
> >
> >
>
> It supports Realvideo too, presumabely, well it says on their site it does. ;-)

Not streaming, for some reason Sad
N/A

> > >thx for that already d/ling though googled it, now just to find one for Video as well ;o)
> > >
> > >
> >
> > It supports Realvideo too, presumabely, well it says on their site it does. ;-)
>
> Not streaming, for some reason Sad

JetAudio, sounds good, I'll check that out, thanks a lot for this.