cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B T Voyager 105 USB

N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

Hi there,

Been set up for a week now, everthing went well .......

When I poower up my Dell Inspiron 8000, running Win Me, the modem is not detected correctly and will provide no information.

If I disconnect the USB and re-connect it, Win Me identifies it correctly and sets it up fine.

Restarting the laptop does not produce this problem, however, each time I power off, the modem is lost.

I've tried downloading new version of the driver, but already had that version.

Any help ? :?
10 REPLIES
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

what is the modem? Have you got the latest drivers?
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

what is the modem? Have you got the latest drivers?

B T Voyager 105 USB

I've tried downloading new version of the driver, but already had that version.
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

BT voyager 105 USB

When booting from cold, Win me is detecting new hardware, and not recognising it as the installed modem.

:?
N/A

BT Voyager 105 problems

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with you. Sometimes though i need to disconnect and connect the modem many times until i get the green light. Have you managed to solve this problem?Huh
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

Just a wild thought, but it's not the old "my power supply isn't powerful enough for USB modems to work reliably" problem, is it? Can you try a powered USB hub between the modem and the laptop to see if this means you can boot with the lot attached? The fact it fails to detect during boot is interesting, as I believe that's the peak power demand.
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

I have a similar problem - I can't even get a dial tone (I get error 680; no dial tone detected popping up)

I have not even been able to get online via broadband once. Keep having to revert to dial up to try to resolve this

I have a power light on the modem, but no link ( dsl light at all)
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

I guess your problem is not so similar with mine since you get your computer to detect the modem but you cannot establish a connection to the internet. My guess is that either the line is problematic (in that case contact PlusNet or run the broadband fault checker), or you haven't installed the modem properly. In that case try reinstalling it.

I hope this helps.. Wink
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

tried re-installing it twice now, and nothing

ONCE though I got the lights to flash, and got the message remote computer could not be contacted?!?!??!
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

If my memory serves me well, back in the "dial up or ISDN times" this message would either indicate a problem with your ISP or a problem with your internet settings. Have you contacted PlusNet or ran the Broadband fault checker? What kind of modem do you have?

As far as my problem is concerned, although I have received a new BT Voyager 105 from PlusNet, I am still experiencing the problem of having to unplug and plug-in again the USB cable in order to get the laptop commuicate with the modem (Only when I power up the laptop, not on reboot..) At least with the new modem I don't have to do this procedure several times...phew..
N/A

B T Voyager 105 USB

As £30 these days buys you a routing ASDL modem with NAT/SPI firewall I'd suggest you ditch the USB modem (especialy given WinMe's known lack of resistance to attacks)