cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average service connection times

N/A

Average service connection times

Having just signed up for plusnet's ADSL service, I was wondering what other user's experience of actual connection times are? They say it should be between 7-10 days from confirmation that your lines are capable of taking the ADSL service, but from reading some of the messages posted on this forum, it would appear that 3-4 weeks is more likely.

Does anyone have any bad/good timescale experiences?
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Average service connection times

> Having just signed up for plusnet's ADSL service, I was wondering what other user's experience of actual connection times are? They say it should be between 7-10 days from confirmation that your lines are capable of taking the ADSL service, but from reading some of the messages posted on this forum, it would appear that 3-4 weeks is more likely.
>
> Does anyone have any bad/good timescale experiences?

Hi.

My line was supposidly activated on the 7th day (last friday) but i still have yet to access ADSL. My problem was submitted to BT and they acknowleged a fault with their port and reset it. Unfortunatly I still have no ADSL access. It may be to do with the fact that I have no filters installed but they should arrive any day now and even if they dont work... well I wont know what to think... apart from maybe my line is ADSL active but has not been connected to PlusNet's ADSL serice on purpose as to not to add more strain to the already straining ADSL pipes. They might be waiting for the new pipe to come in and then activate me.

Asim.
N/A

Mine was activated on the 7th day, as advertised.
jag_thapar

Three and half weeks ago, I ordered Plusnet ADSL.
I had been with another ISP for over year with no connection problems. Last week, I asked Plusnet for status as the 10 days were up. BT informed them that there were "equipment problems" and promised this Monday as the latest time to activate me.

That did not happen. Now, I have been given early next week to resolve the problem when it will be 4 weeks. I cannot understand what equipment problem can suddenly occur to add on a two week delay.

N/A

When you order ADSL an automatic process places the order immediately with BT. Normally these orders take approximately 5 - 7 days to complete. We have hundreds of ADSL connections installed each week. Occasionally BT will not do an activation at the exchange correctly.

Additional time is then taken to correct the problem. This is a fraction of a percent and should not be anything you should worry about. If it does happen to you we get the problem fixed quickly.

If anyone has a problem of this nature they should raise a contact us request.

Kind Regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

I got the Email stating my ADSL was active on the 19th July, it`s still not working!
Do you think this is reasonable, as we speek i`m on hold to have my account cancelled. What should i do about A Brandnew ADSL Router that im not going to be able to use? The reason i chose plus net was the monthly contract as i`m leaving the country in October.
This is without doubt the worst service i have ever recieved.
Regards
Ian Webb

> When you order ADSL an automatic process places the order immediately with BT. Normally these orders take approximately 5 - 7 days to complete. We have hundreds of ADSL connections installed each week. Occasionally BT will not do an activation at the exchange correctly.
>
> Additional time is then taken to correct the problem. This is a fraction of a percent and should not be anything you should worry about. If it does happen to you we get the problem fixed quickly.
>
> If anyone has a problem of this nature they should raise a contact us request.
>
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Kevin
>
> --
> --
> | Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>

N/A

I signed up last Tuesday, got a connection notice by Friday, and was up and running in 15mins.
N/A

PlusNet had me activated within 10 days but BT screwed up and delayed things another week. Unlike PlusNet BT don't work past 5pm or at weekends either, so pray that they get it right first time.
Sad
--
Slàinte!
Al

[ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]
N/A

> Having just signed up for plusnet's ADSL service, I was wondering what other user's experience of actual connection times are? They say it should be between 7-10 days from confirmation that your lines are capable of taking the ADSL service, but from reading some of the messages posted on this forum, it would appear that 3-4 weeks is more likely.
>

It took me 14 days but I expected that .
Nix
Dabbler

Activated on the 7th day, although the service is slow i've heard rumours that Plusnet is working on the problem and they should be sorted soon.