cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating the 'dial-up' into Plusnet?

N/A

Automating the 'dial-up' into Plusnet?

I successfully installed an Ebuyer Conexant PCI ADSL modem just now. at first I had problems but I moved the PCI card into a different slot and reinstalled the drivers and now it's OK.

Only thing now is to get the "AccessRunner DSL" 'dial-up' to login automatically upon WinXP reboot.

I'm sure this must be possible, I don't want to have to manually make the connection through to PlusNet everytime after a reboot.

Anyone help please?

Thanks,
Kevin
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

RE: Automating the 'dial-up' into Plusnet?

> I successfully installed an Ebuyer Conexant PCI ADSL modem just now. at first I had problems but I moved the PCI card into a different slot and reinstalled the drivers and now it's OK.
>
> Only thing now is to get the "AccessRunner DSL" 'dial-up' to login automatically upon WinXP reboot.
>
> I'm sure this must be possible, I don't want to have to manually make the connection through to PlusNet everytime after a reboot.
>
> Anyone help please?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

Put the icon you click to connect in the menu Startup
--
ADSL @ 288/576 Self Install
IRC.UTCHAT.COM
Usually in #utgames #UT2003chat
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran

Or better yet just make it the auto dialer for your browser, then you just open IE / Opera etc
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Hi

Did you get any software to drive the ADSL card?

I have a ADSL modem/router with its own browser IP address log-on to configure the engine.

One tip is to go Control panel, Internet options, Connections and click never dial a connection as you don't need to dial through anymore with ADSL 24/7 broadband.

Hope this helps

Regards

Tim
Community Veteran

> Hi
>
> Did you get any software to drive the ADSL card?
>
> I have a ADSL modem/router with its own browser IP address log-on to configure the engine.
>
> One tip is to go Control panel, Internet options, Connections and click never dial a connection as you don't need to dial through anymore with ADSL 24/7 broadband.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Regards
>
> Tim

His modem acts like a 56k/ISDN modem it actively Dials in to connect.
N/A

> > Hi
> >
> > Did you get any software to drive the ADSL card?
> >
> > I have a ADSL modem/router with its own browser IP address log-on to configure the engine.
> >
> > One tip is to go Control panel, Internet options, Connections and click never dial a connection as you don't need to dial through anymore with ADSL 24/7 broadband.
> >
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tim
>
> His modem acts like a 56k/ISDN modem it actively Dials in to connect.
>

Why don't you take it back and get a modem router.
Much cheaper and reliable choice.
The D-link choice is very good.

Depends if you only want to use one computer then go the PCI although I'm using my modem/router on one PC at the mo.
Sometimes it's well worth it to get the full jig incase you need to expand as well as reliability and support thrown in.

Hope it gets sorted.

Cheers
N/A

As long as you are using Windows XP, I think windows 2000 has it too. You can use the rasdial command line feature. Here look at this batch script i have to run at startup.

@echo off
rasdial "CONNECTION NAME" username@plusdsl.net password

Replace CONNECTION NAME with the name of the ADSL connection, default for me is AccessRunner DSL (you must have the quotation marks if it has a space in the name),

Replace username with your Plusnet username,
and replace password with your password!

and then save it as .bat file and placed it in the All Users startup folder, it automatically connects to ADSL straight away when anyone logs in.

-shaunj66
N/A

> As long as you are using Windows XP, I think windows 2000 has it too. You can use the rasdial command line feature. Here look at this batch script i have to run at startup.
>
>
>
> @echo off
> rasdial "CONNECTION NAME" username@plusdsl.net password
>
>
>
>
> Replace CONNECTION NAME with the name of the ADSL connection, default for me is AccessRunner DSL (you must have the quotation marks if it has a space in the name),
>
> Replace username with your Plusnet username,
> and replace password with your password!
>
> and then save it as .bat file and placed it in the All Users startup folder, it automatically connects to ADSL straight away when anyone logs in.
>
> -shaunj66

Shaun are you an Microsoft certified professional or just a new kid around the block!

Who taught you these gizmo's??

Cheers

N/A

> > As long as you are using Windows XP, I think windows 2000 has it too. You can use the rasdial command line feature. Here look at this batch script i have to run at startup.
> >
> >
> >
> > @echo off
> > rasdial "CONNECTION NAME" username@plusdsl.net password
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Replace CONNECTION NAME with the name of the ADSL connection, default for me is AccessRunner DSL (you must have the quotation marks if it has a space in the name),
> >
> > Replace username with your Plusnet username,
> > and replace password with your password!
> >
> > and then save it as .bat file and placed it in the All Users startup folder, it automatically connects to ADSL straight away when anyone logs in.
> >
> > -shaunj66
>
> Shaun are you an Microsoft certified professional or just a new kid around the block!
>
> Who taught you these gizmo's??
>
> Cheers
>
>

Thanks to all who replied, Shaun has the answer I'll implement (thanks Shaun!). In answer to the other question above I only want a dirt cheap modem for a single PC and the Ebuyer was the cheapest I could find (I had no problems with Ebuyer and it was delivered when agreed).

Kevin
N/A

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad it helped Smiley