cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically log on

N/A

Automatically log on

Is it possible to get ADSL to automatically log on when I start up? Some of my software requests this and it always tries to dial my normal modem instead.

I have a Zoom USB ADSL modem and I generally run Win 2000 Pro and occasionally XP Pro.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Automatically log on

> Is it possible to get ADSL to automatically log on when I start up? Some of my software requests this and it always tries to dial my normal modem instead.
>
> I have a Zoom USB ADSL modem and I generally run Win 2000 Pro and occasionally XP Pro.
>
> Any ideas?

Hi

I have the fujitsu modem and that uses the dial up box to connect ( although it dosen't dial up). If this is the case with you just check the automatically connect box, when your software calls for a connection.... it will happen automatically.

Hope this helps

Nigel G
N/A

> > Is it possible to get ADSL to automatically log on when I start up? Some of my software requests this and it always tries to dial my normal modem instead.
> >
> > I have a Zoom USB ADSL modem and I generally run Win 2000 Pro and occasionally XP Pro.
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> Hi
>
> I have the fujitsu modem and that uses the dial up box to connect ( although it dosen't dial up). If this is the case with you just check the automatically connect box, when your software calls for a connection.... it will happen automatically.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Nigel G

You could also put the dialup in the Start Menu...Startup folder like I have and then uncheck the "prompt for password" etc. options so it auto-connects to Plusnet on startup after modem has already made an ADSL connection to local exchange.
N/A

Thanks guys. I'll have a look.