Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto disconnect of adsl modem

ampdef
Grafter

Help Sad

:?: & :?
Can anyone put me in the right direction to cure an intermittent problem I have? My ADSL PCI Modem disconnects itself occaisionaly, I could be surfing, reading a web site or downloading mail, when the modem 'dings' then disconnects, and after a short pause it 'dings' again and then reconnects. Also when I have checked the 'ADSL PCI WAN ADAPTOR' and looked at the additional tabs, 'Line SetUp' the 'ADSL Head End' always changes back to 'Texas Instruments' from 'Alcatel Network Systems Inc', even after pressing the 'Apply button.

It could be I need a driver upgrade, if only I knew the make and model/serial number of the above? This was all bought as a package deal from PlusNet.

Any and all help much appreciated,

domus

ps; ("There it goes again")
5 REPLIES
N/A

some were on the modem setting or the dial up setting there will be a auto disconect or a idle timeout. You just need to set it to stay connected. Without the modem specs I cant be more specific
penders
Grafter

Disconnections from PlusNet

Over the last few days I have been getting a lot of disconnections from PlusNet too - I still have ADSL sync, however. Connection was reasonably stable, until a few days ago, now I'm disconnected at upto 3 times/hr for a few minutes each.

Sometimes it will reconnect itself, sometimes I have to reboot my router - although rebooting the router doesn't always make it reconnect.

Occasionally it will disconnect in the middle of the night - for several hours - and the only way to reconnect is to reboot the router.

I do not have auto disconnect / idle timeout set... as I say, this is a recent phenomenon.
ampdef
Grafter

Auto disconnect

Hi guys,

Conexant A220 PCI ADSL AccessRunner

Modem set to 'never disconnect' if disconnected 'redial after 5 seconds. I think you have both missed the problem.
Modem does not disconnect from the net, but it disconnects inside my pc. Let me explain, when the pc is switched on and windows load, the accessrunner connects internally, It 'dings/rings' once. When I want to connect to the net, either email or IE7, it connects ok but now and again there is that 'ding/ring' noise and the adsl icon on the taskbar shows disconnected. Then by itself, automatically, it 'dings/rings' and reconnects. I think it could either have an intermittant fault or the card needs reseating.

I hope I have made this irritating problem plainer,
N/A

Are either of you on Tuscali LLU? If you are there's a known problem. See the Service Status. Also there are several threads in Community Support discussing the disconnects.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47708

HTH
ampdef
Grafter

Nope not on tiscali.

Let me change the disconnect/reconnect, my mistake. Start, Stop ADSL, that is what is happening to the modem.

Sorry to misslead you guys,