cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto connect?

N/A

Auto connect?

plusnet say the adsl service is 'always on', but you still have to log on to the service, is there an option in windows XP that will connect straight to the service when anyone on my PC logs on or as soon as Windows boots up to the logon screen?
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Auto connect?

> plusnet say the adsl service is 'always on', but you still have to log on to the service, is there an option in windows XP that will connect straight to the service when anyone on my PC logs on or as soon as Windows boots up to the logon screen?

good question i'd like to know if this is possible.
N/A

> plusnet say the adsl service is 'always on', but you still have to log on to the service, is there an option in windows XP that will connect straight to the service when anyone on my PC logs on or as soon as Windows boots up to the logon screen?

hiya not sure if this is what your looking for but try control panel/internet options,this brings up internet properties then try connections and check the box for dial whenever a network connection is not present,or try allways dial my default connection.you will have to make sure this is set for your dsl.ypu can do this in control panel then network connections,right click then set as default the option you need.hope this solves your problem. stevie
N/A

click the conect automaticly box in the dialup settings somewere

i have done this and it works for me

chrisSmiley
N/A

I have made an easy way that automatically connects to ADSL as soon as anyone on the PC logs in...

Simply create a batch file with the following lines...

' ---start--- do not copy this line ----

@echo off
rasdial "CONNECTION NAME" username@plusdsl.net password

' ---end --- do not copy this line ----

Replace CONNECTION NAME with the name of the ADSL connection, default for me is AccessRunner DSL (you must have the quotation marks if it has a space in the name),

Replace username with your Plusnet username,
and replace password with your password!

and then save it as .bat file and placed it in the All Users startup folder, it automatically connects to ADSL straight away when anyone logs in!

:rollsmile: