Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attenuation

N/A

Attenuation

Now that's really confused me.
OK not really.
One would have thought that to overcome too high a loss in signal by attenuation or a low SNR, you would increase the TX power level.
However, it would appear the reduction in TX power is to reduce the possibility of cross talk on the twin wire line.
wandelaar
Grafter

Attenuation

QRP Rules !!

Regards

Dave
N/A

Attenuation

Appologise in advance for going off topic

Ham radio mode on:

Err, QRP i think.... mind you I'm QRO when I get active - Trio TL922 amp. That really plays havoc with the Netgear router.

Ham radio mode off:
N/A

Attenuation

I have just got 512 ADSL, how do I find out these figures? I am using a DG834, and can't find anywhere that shows them (unless the DG834 has some hidden menus), otherwise would the Binatone 500 (3 light) modem that I got show the info if I set that up.

Ian.
N/A

Attenuation

ive got a attuation of 31.5 is this bad.
N/A

Attenuation

Wanders. Sorry, not sure if either give out the details.

Grazz. 31.5 is pretty good and well within the 1Mb parameters.
N/A

Attenuation

Wanders:

The DG834 does not have the facility to show attenuation & SNR figures. One of the few drawbacks of netagear router products.
I cannot comment on where/if it is available on the Binatone.
N/A

Attenuation

Thanks for that. I did install the Binatone modem just to check it worked the other day, and couldn't see it on there either.

Is there another way to find out the figures, or should I just be happy that I have got working ADSL?
N/A

Attenuation

The figures can be obtained by asking for a "whoosh test" from PlusNet. However, I would advise aginst asking, as you will not need these unless you are having connection problems or want to know if your figures are within limits for upgrade to 1mb/2mb. Otherwise, they are simply for info and would be a drain of resources at PlusNet.
To be short - just be thankful DSL is working.