cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attenuation rates need help for regrade

N/A

Im on 512k at the moment and have bee for a long time. I dont know much about readings for attenuation but I use a usb modem no router but this is the reading I get any hope of me leaving the 512k and getting a higher speed.
local/remote attenuation 63.5/31.5db
snr argin 13.0db
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Unfortunately the figures you have shown are outside of the limits for 1Mb. Once MaxDSL is introduced, you may be able to give it a try, but will most probably experience problems, especially since you have a fairly low Signal to Noise Margin.
N/A

Signal to noise? Is there any way I can change this I don't mind paying. It just really does my head in that I cant get a decent phone line when I actually live in a prosperous area (im the skint one on the block)
LiamM
Grafter

Unfortunately it's not something you can just pay for to get sorted. Noise on the line can be caused by a very large amount of factors. Decent microfilters on your line will stop noise straying. A faceplate on the master socket might also improve this if you dont already have one. Have you tried plugging directly into the master socket? If not, that too might be helpful as it could bring your figures slightly within limits. It might be worth a try attempting a regrade, it could all work well, but theres no guarantee.