cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus A7N8X, Windows XP SP2 and Dynamode A360

N/A

Good evening there friends. Having trawled through countless threads I wish to be more specific in the question of incompatability between an Asus A7N8X MoBo, a Dynamode A360 ADSL modem and the use with OS Windows XP using SP2. I have sucessfully used the above combination with Windows XP (without SP1 or SP2) for over 18 months before making a new installation with Windows XP including SP2. I would appreciate any guidance of how to get the A360 to work with SP2 or someone just to say forget it and get a router.
TIA
Martyn
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

forget it and get a router. The hassle of trying to get the A360 working with XP SP2 is not worth it.

The A360 has compatibility problems with SP2 in that the drivers do not always install properly. This is because the drivers were written when the original windows XP was around and they have not been updated since - the product is also no longer available or it's drivers being developed. Installing the drivers on an original copy of XP then upgradng XP to SP1 & SP2 does work but can be unreliable.

A router will remove any Windows compatibility issues from your setup and be much more reliable.

I recomend the netgear DG834 (wired) or DG834G (wireless).
N/A

Many thanks, I really appreciate your input and suggestion; I will now act upon it.

Martyn