cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argh Cant Use Telephone

N/A

Argh Cant Use Telephone

I have all my phone lines with a filter on, except 1, which is in the attic and that phone is never used. I pic the phone up and my connection is dropped. Its really annoying me, i contacted plusnet support and they said make sure the filters are plugged in. Man i aint that stupid. But im gettin seriously angry cause it drops it at the most important of times like 99% download thats unresumable sort of thing. and besides i pay for adsl so i can use the phone at the same time.

In fact during typing this message ive been disconnected 4 times. This is the line status i have.

http://www.sxsniper.co.uk/pictures/line%20status.jpg

Moderators note by Chris: Please do not use all caps titles, they are rude and considered shouting.

k
3 REPLIES
N/A

Argh Cant Use Telephone

Have you got filters on all your phones, including Sky? have you checked your ADSL wiring setup against that listed in the tutorials?

Aaron
N/A

Argh Cant Use Telephone

Yep, and dont have sky. Im wondering if it could have anything to do with the attic socket, which doesnt have a phone plugged into it. So i dont see why it needs a filter seeing its never used. Could that be th problem?
Community Veteran

Argh Cant Use Telephone

If no phone connected then no filter is needed.

How many phones do you have? If more than one, does the same happen when any other phone is picked up? Again if more than one, what happens if you unplug all the rest except one? repeat this for each phone and see if a pattern emerges.

Have you tried different filters? Have you tried swapping the filters over?