cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there ADSL problems tonight?

N/A

My connection has been up and down all evening, is there something going on?
Listening to a BBC radio station as a test, it just stops - silence, checking my newsreader and email clients at that moment and they both report lost connections.
Tried to raise a ticket and that failed miserably.
Bob
8 REPLIES
obitus
Grafter

well i havent been able to get on 2night....only for about 4 seconds so im using ugh a dail up Cry
N/A

Forgot to say...

I checked the status page first, nothing showing up on there.....
N/A

I have been connected for 8 days non-stop now (yes, the router resets the counter on dropped connection).

Can I ask where in the country you are?

I do have knowledge of ADSL issues in the Birmingham area, though nothing specific and no times frames.
obitus
Grafter

im from uk, northern ireland
N/A

I'm in Brighton, at the moment the router is saying:
PPPoA+NAT 0' 00:24:22
So I make that 24 minutes which is about the time it last stalled.
Leaving the streaming radio going, it comes back after between around 30 secs to a few minutes. There is definitely a problem somewhere.
I turned it off 3 days ago during a thunderstorm, apart from that, it stays on 24/7 and is usually pretty good.
As I typed this, it went off again, now router is saying 34 seconds - I may as well go to bed. Fed up of Brighton, wondering why the service status is saying all is well.
N/A

Your fed up of brighton. I'll do ya a house swap.

I loved it down there, it was a shame I only had two nights time.

I spent £400 in them two days. Most of them was on drink. Worst part, I was there on business, for a training course.

I got there on the Wednesday, at 5pm, I was out from about 5.30 to 6am. I had the training course from 9 to 5, and straight back out on the grog to get rid of the hangover.

I can't remember the name of the night club I was in (has three rooms, you go into the main room via the big stair case). That was the best club I have been in for a long time (now that Cream has its main night down).
N/A

Re: Are there ADSL problems tonight?

My connection has been up and down all evening, is there something going on?
Listening to a BBC radio station as a test, it just stops - silence, checking my newsreader and email clients at that moment and they both report lost connections.
Tried to raise a ticket and that failed miserably.
Bob

Same here! And to cap it all I had a major crash requiring me to boot up my machine. :? So what's going on +net? :shock:
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

When you had the storm you did unplug everything? Power cables / Phone line connection?

I didn't turn off mine fast enough last week and now have a blown PSU, I had unplugged the modem but looks like I'm lucky and only lost the PSU.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017