cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the BT speed update going to apply here

N/A

I am just wondering with BT and AOL (who use BT lines) increasing their speed ofr free, are PLUSnet going to do the same or are the speeds going to stay the same?
8 REPLIES
N/A

i suggest you search the forums or look at official statements as you will have your question answered there.

everything is going to change april onwards!
Community Veteran

Did you not get an email about this? if not, check your postmaster mailbox or the products announcement forum.

Plusnet will be increasing the speed of all their ADSL customers in April, subject to the line and exchange supporting it, up to a maximum of 8Mbs.

However, this is not the same as what BT Retail are doing. They are just increasing speeds to 2Mb and not the maximum the line will take.
Eserim
Rising Star

Peter

AS I understand it PlusNet will give customers an option to upgrade their speed.

However not all customers will benefit - I am on the ADSL Home Surf package - now no longer offered.

As I believe I will have the choice of moving to a faster Premier package, without charge, but costing more each month or staying at 512KB.

The option I would wish to go for - moving to a limited Lite package will still cost me an admin fee

:-(

Chris
Community Veteran

ALL plusnet customers will be moved onto MaxDSL and get the fastest speed their line and exchange supports. And this includes all the old and discontinued products. And as you see below, I'm on homesurf as well.
Eserim
Rising Star

Mmm I wil believe it when I see it - I certaimly didn't interpret the PlusNet email that way, anywhere any PlusNet statement that clarifies this?

Just re-read the email and it is shockingly unclear - and for an IT company I am surprised it wasn't taylored to the package the recipient has.

Cheers

Chris
N/A

I hope i am close enough to the exchnage. I belive i am 1.67 km from the exchange
Eserim
Rising Star

So peter - now I have the faster line PlusNet are saying I have to choose a new package in order to access the speeds - is this what you were told before?

Any idea if I have to pay to change account?

PlusNet have done them no favours at all in all this, their communications have been shocking, almost down to BT/AOL standards. To quote from the imfamous AOL complaint letter

"that they had attained the holy p***-pot of godawful customer relations, that no-one, anywhere, ever, could be more disinterested, less helpful or more obstructive to delivering service to their customers."

Almost, but not quite.

Chris
Eserim
Rising Star

having read the pages now - I seem to have a choice of a free upgrade to the Premier package, but pay £4 more a month, or pay £15 to downgrade to the Plus package, gain some features over my current package but loose the static IP (which I don't use, but was nice to know I had it if wanted to use it) and save £4 a month.

Mmmm

PlusNet really haven't done themselves any favours - any decnt IT person could have ran package specific emails to all their users specifying the full options.

Not too happy, but as I could save money after a few months will stay.

Chris