cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PlusNet giving Free Speed Upgrades ?????

N/A

A week ago I got an email marked "Free Speed Upgrade" from +Net saying "We recently attempted to upgrade the speed of your broadband service for free.

Unfortunately your phone line was unable to support a faster speed than your existing service. This was confirmed after a series of line tests.

We are therefore unable to upgrade the speed of your broadband on this occasion
."

Are there any line tests I can do to see if this has changed recently ?.

Now my Upstream indicates 288 kbps ..... and .... my Downstream indicates 2272 kbps

..... a lot faster than two weeks ago but there's no change in performance (I still have the same 576kbps BT Voyager Modem in).

My BT voyager ADSL Modem connection icon indicates :
Speed : 2.2 Mbps

If I take out the current Modem and replace it with a 2MB Modem, will it give me extra significant speed for free ?.

Also, have +Net been giving everyone extra speed for free as part of some promotion or policy/package change (& am I missing out on something here ?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Cheers Folks.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, PlusNet are participating in BT Wholesale's bulk regrade service, which upgrades all residential broadband accounts to the maximum their line can achieve. That email you got suggests that you cannot get anything higher 576kps, but oddly, your modem is synching at 2mb/s anyway.

This implies that PlusNet was wrong, and that you have been upgraded. However, if line quality is bad, I think you can start to get disconnects, in which case you may have to use the PlusNet speed tool (when it is available) to lower your speed. I'm sure the modem you have doesn't make any difference.
N/A

Hi corfizz,

Thanks for your quick reply & help ... much appreciated !!!.

I didn't know +Net & BT were doing so so I'll keep me eyes open.

Cheers.
Community Veteran

I would suggest that you open a support ticket as you are syncing at 2M, so should be able to receive 2M.

Personally I can only get 1M, and that is my sync speed.

Chilly
N/A

OK.

How do I open a Support Ticket for this please ?.
LiamM
Grafter

Use the link:Contact Us wizard.
N/A

Thanks !!!!.