cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are PN blocking VPN/GRE (protocol 47) now?

dhumble
Grafter

I've had a problem with my previously stable and flawless VPN into work for the last few days.

I am just working through the problem and all the variables and just want to ask, has PN started blocking VPN/GRE (protocol 47)? If you have an always on VPN link then maybe you could just confirm if you have had any problems lately?

I am not pointing a finger of blame, just working through the problem. Might even be something to do with the new idle time disconnect. Cannot remember what the new idle time is so will now surf PN webpages for details.

David
2 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

We've not change anything that should have an impact on your VPN connections, and the Idle Timeouts aren't actually in place yet, as their original roll out was postponed so that a disconnections issue could be investigated first.
dhumble
Grafter

Re: Are PN blocking VPN/GRE (protocol 47) now?

Thank you to Jon for helping me eliminate that at least and I'd expect so many people would be up in arms if VPN was blocked.

If we're not reaching our usage limit, let us play freely :lol:

I can now examine my work's ISA server and my DSL router to work out what the heck is happening. One of them has to be the culprit.

Unless BT are finally upgrading my exchange (was due in August!) and having teething problems!?!?

Cheers,

David, Milton Keynes (Still waiting to advance beyond 512Mb access).