cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are BT slacking?

N/A

Are BT slacking?

I was supposed to be upgraded to the fastest speed in June and we're now in July and it's still not been done.

Should I just do the £15 upgrade?!

I wish I'd done it rightaway now. Now I feel like I could pay this £15 and they could have been JUST about to do it anyway!!

Cheers,

James
8 REPLIES
N/A

Are BT slacking?

James, no BT aren't slacking mostly due to the following point: In order to be consider slacking wouldn't BT have actually have to be doing something in the first placeHuh And from evidence their doing sweet fa.
N/A

Are BT slacking?

Ha ha! True.

Well they are upgrading some exchanges aren't they? People have been reporting getting their free/automatic upgrades.

Although someone else was saying that they're still waiting and they were due to have it done in April.
N/A

Are BT slacking?

It seems to be hit and miss. I was lucky - mine was listed for May and was done in June, but you are quite right in saying that some people listed for April are still waiting.

It really does seem to be pot luck - but Sod's Law is that the day after you've paid your £15 BT will do the free upgrades. Personally I'd sit tight, but it's a question of personal priorities - is getting the extra speed *now* more important, or is saving £15 more important? Only you can decide on that, of course.
N/A

Are BT slacking?

Want.... more... speed...
N/A

Are BT slacking?

Yeah, BT are weird. My Dad was on BT broadband basic 512k for £19.99 a month. I saw on their website that their basic 1meg was £18 so we did a switch over on the BT website and in a week he had 1meg.

In the last week however, he's been on 2.2meg with no contact from BT at all Cheesy .
N/A

Are BT slacking?

Mine was listed first for June, then July and now August...
The trouble seems to be that they are not accountable about pushing back the dates... Funny that a friend who lives a mile down the road from me had his upgrade since May. Could it be something to do with the fact that his ISP is BT BroadbandHuh
:?
N/A

Are BT slacking?

Lots of threads about this in the Customer feedback forum!
Be assured that you are not the only ones who are *dissapointed*
Judging from the strong feelings expressed in various places here at PN, I would imagine that every effort is being made at a corporate level to get BT to improve their service.
Trouble is, they'll continue to please themselves anyhow.
Why make an effort to do mass regrades for no money, when they can take their time and also charge fifteen quid a pop as they go along.
Wait or Pay seems to be the mantra at the mo..
N/A

Are BT slacking?

Hmmm.. I think I might just go ahead and do the £15 quid thing.