cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Powerbook Problems

N/A

Apple Powerbook Problems

Hi

I have a Solwise Router which I use along with my iMac with great success.

I have just bought an Apple Powerbook. For some reason this is not working with the Router.

I have configured my Powerbook with the same network details I use on my iMac (IP address, DNS server and so on). When I launch my browser and/or email, I can’t connect to the internet.

When using my Powerbook all three lights on the Router are alight. Also, when I plug the Router back in to my iMac I am again connected. (But NB. This doesn’t work straightaway – I have to turn of both Router and iMac first and leave them off for a couple of minutes before anything good happens.)

NB. I haven’t got beyond steps 1 + 2 of the Quickstart Guide ie. I haven’t typed http://192.168.7.1/ into the address field of my browser and taken the subsequent steps on that link. I assume that this is not required since I have done this already with my iMac.

Please help.

Ashley Holmes.
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: Apple Powerbook Problems

I have configured my Powerbook with the same network details I use on my iMac (IP address, DNS server and so on). When I launch my browser and/or email, I can’t connect to the internet.

That could be your problem, if you're assigning static IP addresses. Also, make sure the router is set for NAT