cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apparent BT lethargy

N/A

Apparent BT lethargy

A month ago a friend applied for a PlusNet broadband account, never having been online before. Nothing has happened since as there is a tag or marker on the line that PlusNet are waiting for BT to remove. Is a delay of several weeks for this to be done par for the course, or is my friend just unlucky?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Apparent BT lethargy

He's unlucky twice. 1) waiting for tag to be removed
2) Signing up to PN
N/A

Apparent BT lethargy

Thank you. Most helpful. PlusNet's latest response to the customer is:

'I have rang [sic] BT today for you and they have confirmed that the line is not compatible. This is due to the line rental package, this needs to be upgraded with BT in order to proceed with the order. If you could contact BT, and change the package from the most basic line rental and upgrade it, then get back to us asap we will be able to continue.'

What has the 'line rental package' got to do with provision of ADSL? Can anyone enlighten me?
hitachi
Grafter

Apparent BT lethargy

If your friend is on a low user scheme then adsl is not available.
This is not a technical limitation but a BT one.
N/A

Apparent BT lethargy

Yes. You've pinpointed it. Thank you. One would have thought, firstly, that this possibility would be known by PlusNet and, secondly, that they would draw attention to it on the website. It has taken a month to establish the cause, and I finally get the answer on this forum.
N/A

Apparent BT lethargy

Surely when signing up, the phone number checker should alert users if their line is incompatible/has an incompatible product on the line.
Ridiculous to have to wait a month to find out what it is.