cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling customer service re moving home!

N/A

I have been a plusnet customer in excess of 5 years and find their general standard of broadband /service etc acceptable hence why I still use them.

But when it comes to customer service they are appalling!!

I have just moved house and for some reason beleived them when they said moving my broadband connection was as simple as filling in a form on the portal? Maybe its been too long since I had any dealings with their customer service.

Last wednesday (19th July) I completed a request to move my broadband to my new address. I received an email confirming my request. Then as everything seemed to be going through an issue was raised on the portal saying there had been a problem could I contact them.
---------------------------------------------------

10:15pm, Wednesday 19th July 2006
Your username: Xxxxxxxxx
Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for choosing PlusNet as your broadband provider. Your telephone line and account details have been submitted for our initial checks. Unfortunately, we have been unable to submit your broadband order this time for the following reasons:

ERR - KO: Order frozen

A member of our support team will investigate your account further, and you will be contacted by telephone over the next 48 hours if any further information is required. Alternatively, you can speed up this process by contacting a member of our Support team today. You can choose to Amend this Question to get in touch directly with our Support centre, or call our local rate help line on 0845 1400200. We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

PlusNet Customer Support

----------------------------------------------------------

This I tried to do. But the phone system is a nightmare! Continuous loops where you get recorded messages and get cut off and not even an option to wait in a queue to speak to someone!

So I raised a further issue on their website asking them to let me know what the problem was. That was Thursday 20th. Since them I have had three copies of the issue above raised. But no resolution or even indictation of timescale

And then on Monday morning I pleaded with them to let me know what was going on. On Tuesday evening I received this response:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Dear xxxxxxxx,
I am passing this ticket to our provisioning team to provide an update for you.

Regards,
John Cowling

To administer your account and for all your help and support requirements visit http://portal.plus.net/index_nlp.html

[internal]
Please investigate provide order on CLI xxxxxxxxxx. autogenerate tickets have been created that say order frozen. cannot find an order on LLU portal to provide update to user.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And that has been it. Yesterday (Thurs 27th) I again pleaded with them to let me know what was happening as that was the day my broadband was supposed to be cancelled in my old premises and instated in my new home.

Still to date (24 hours later) I have heard nothing. I am now in the position of paying for a broadband connection that I do not have. And no way of getting in touch with them to try and seek a resolution.

I am posting here in the hope that someone can help me?...give me a number I can call to actually speak to someone?.... or maybe an employee of Plusnet might read this and be able to help?

I am at my wits end with them for what is a relatively simple thing and something I do not need hassle with at this stage of moving home.

Hopeful that someone might be able to help me?
16 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

Have you tried the last resort tactic of a PM to a member of the Comms Team-- I know it's understandably frowned on but needs must if the Devil drives! Wink
N/A

No I havent tried that....how do I go about doing that? I am willing to give anything a go now I am at that stage! Cheers!
shellsong
Grafter

Ideally find a member of the team you know has posted recently unless you have a particular preference and click on their PM button then post the informaton you want them to be made aware of-- you'll find that some of them posted here http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=327639#327639
N/A

-bedlamcorp
I too am experiencing this, so you are not alone. I've had the same ticket replies and the telephone system is impossible. The only person I got through to was Sales who immediately put me back to the main menu and said select 'Cutomer Services' - which doesn't exist. I'm tempted to cancel now but you can't get hold of anyone to stop the order that you're not even sure is going through!
N/A

I'm experiencing the same problem as well, with the additional kicker that they stopped my move on the July 18th, but never sent me the email. I only found out by trawling through all the closed questions and comunications that they have a record of online. I'm pretty close to cancelling the service altogether and shifting to another provider. The telephone service is appalling to nonexistant.
N/A

njoliveira and duncehat

guys I am pleased you too are having the same difficulties as it means I am not alone and they are just rubbish! I never actually got an email either just found it in the closed tickets section. And I have also got through to sales and been put back to the main constant loop menu! Why dont you as I am going to do both try what shellsong has suggested and contact a member of the team direct by PM.? Maybe if we annoy them enough we can get something done?
N/A

My stance here is that we shouldn't need to PM people to get things done. There are quite a few other providers out there that can supply broadband just as well as Plus with better customer service, and Plusnet will notice things a lot more quickly with lost revenue and customers rather than with a barrage of PMs to a support techie. I'm a patient person, but only patient enough to give the company enough rope to hang itself with.
N/A

update of sorts

An update to my Plusnet woes. Well not really as *nothing* has happened over the weekend! (when I dont have internet access only have that at work these days).

They have turned off my connection at my old premises now and I still have no idea when or if they intend to activate broadband. I really cant wait much longer on this and I am going to be forced to cancel my account with plusnet which is a shame.

But people who have posted on this forum over the weekend are correct Plusnet support have become a complete joke. They are non existant
N/A

I've sent PlusNet a cancellation notice last night over this. Typically, they responded more quickly to the cancellation than to my original notice about moving my broadband!! (about a 3 hour turnaround, I believe). They want to charge me the £47 for deferred move, but I sent the email back saying that I shouldn't pay for something I haven't even received. Just to warn you.
N/A

WhatHuh?? They want to charge *you* for *their* delay?? what is that all about?
N/A

Here's the actual response:

"Dear Mr Oliveira,
I am sorry you wish to close the account. The following would need to be paid in full before this can be actioned.

Deferred House Move £47.00
- The deferred options are what you chose during signup/when moving house and is part of the “You Stay, We Pay” offer you chose on signup. Details can be found at http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/freesetup.shtml

Total Cost to pay is below
£47.00

These would need to be paid in full before the account can be cancelled."

My response:

"Please see ID 19932270, which as of 9:09 am on July 31 still hasn't been addressed. PlusNet has not performed any work that I can see in moving the broadband service to my new address. As a result, I don't think I should pay for something that hasn't happened at all. Therefore, I don't give you authorisation for the payment of £47."

Cut and dried, as far as I'm concerned.
N/A

Ah I now see where the charge comes from at least! But asking you to pay that when they didnt provide the service the charge is actually for is a joke! You are completely right in not paying it. What happens though if they go ahead and take it from your card/bank account anyway?
N/A

Well, since I can't delete the card details from the account online, I can make a formal complaint to the company. If that doesn't work, then I can take the compalint either to Ofcom or to one of the consumer help columns in the newspapers, like The Times or the Guardian. I don't think it will come to this. I have enough documentary evidence to support my claim, but the options are there.
N/A

An update on my move adsl woes.

Today I finally managed to get the secret combination right and get in a queue to speak to a customer advisor. Despite being advised the queue was in excess of 1 hr I got through in 27 mins and finally spoke to someone!

He advised the order had been rejected by BT as there appeared to be a fault with the line but it had been rechecked and accepted. Then he advised he would *manually* put it forward the order and told me it would be completed in 5 - 7 working days.

Now I am left with many questions.
1. why hadnt this already been done *automatically* if there had been a second check on the line and all was OK?

2. would *anything* have happened ever with my order if I hadnt given up most of my lunchhour to phoning them?

3. Will my order indeed go through now? and will it just be a case of trying to connect and seeing if it works? Or will I be informed it has been activated?