cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using a Solwise SAR715?

N/A

Anyone using a Solwise SAR715?

Hey people,

Just signed up for the ADSL service, and I am deciding which modem/router combo to get. Does anyone have the Solwise SAR715 and can confirm that it works okay with the PlusNet service?

I ask because I gather that the Solwise routers are having problems with some new features that ADSL providers are rolling out.

Many thanks,
Mark
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: Anyone using a Solwise SAR715?

> Hey people,
>
> Just signed up for the ADSL service, and I am deciding which modem/router combo to get. Does anyone have the Solwise SAR715 and can confirm that it works okay with the PlusNet service?
>
> I ask because I gather that the Solwise routers are having problems with some new features that ADSL providers are rolling out.
>
> Many thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark
Not hat any experience with that model but you could always play it safe and go for a D-Link 504 Router.
I use one here and it was a doddle to set up and works like a charm.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Hi Mark

I have been using the SAR715 for last two week, it works perfectly ok with +Net ADSL, good device, many features, I would recommend it.

Regards
N/A

> Hi Mark
>
> I have been using the SAR715 for last two week, it works perfectly ok with +Net ADSL, good device, many features, I would recommend it.
>
> Regards

Same goes for me I've been using it for about 2 weeks and have had no problems at all. One advantage is that they have there own forum so that any technical queries can be posted to people with lots of experience. Delivery was also very good I ordered on a Sunday night and the router arrived on the Tuesday. Took about 20 mins to setup and worked first time.

Theres a full review on the adslguide site

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2002/q3/sar_715.asp

Steve
bertie40

I've had a 703a for the last couple of months.

Yep. There were problems with incompatabilities between the 715 and the BT exchange upgrades a couple of months ago.

But the problems have passed (they weren't major anyway).

I'd recommend the Solwise stuff. I called them with a daft installation query, and they were pretty good.

I just wish I'd bought the 715 instead.

I just look at all the problems with other makes, particularly USB and PCI cards, and compare with very little bad press about the Solwise.

Just wish it looked prettier. Smiley

Regards.
N/A

> Hey people,
>
> Just signed up for the ADSL service, and I am deciding which modem/router combo to get. Does anyone have the Solwise SAR715 and can confirm that it works okay with the PlusNet service?
>
> I ask because I gather that the Solwise routers are having problems with some new features that ADSL providers are rolling out.
>
> Many thanks,
> Mark

Hi Mark

I have been up and running for about three weeks with the 715. No problems at all, great kit and service.

N/A

> > Hey people,
> >
> > Just signed up for the ADSL service, and I am deciding which modem/router combo to get. Does anyone have the Solwise SAR715 and can confirm that it works okay with the PlusNet service?
> >
> > I ask because I gather that the Solwise routers are having problems with some new features that ADSL providers are rolling out.
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Mark

Yes I use an SAR715, I've been using it for a few months now. Works like a dream. A great piece of kit, and looks like its built to last too.

Trystan
N/A

Okay, I've put in an order for one. Should arrive tomorrow - Many thanks to all of you for your replies.

Did you find that you had to change the MTU and RWIN settings on your LAN-side computers in order to get "full speed" or did you just leave it as-is?

Cheers,
Mark