cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone still having connection problem?

N/A

There have been a connection problem since last month and has gotten worse in the last couple of days.

It is caused by "Tiscalli" the network provider for some of the Plusnet users as posted in the system status.

14 REPLIES
N/A

The latest status report suggests the problem has been resolved - certainly I have not lost connectivity for the last 25 hours.... However my current download speed seems to have dropped to a woeful 200 Kbps (I was previously getting anything from 2000 to 4000 Kbps) so I'm going to be monitoring the situation for a while longer yet. :?
N/A

Looks like its still FUBAR'd - I just lost connection for about 2 - 3 mins around 1800 hrs...... Evil
N/A

I get constant disconnections every day on the LLU line. Hopefully my migration back to bt will be through soon.
N/A

I have posted this in the community forum.

I have just suffered 2 disconnects around 5:50 pm. At both times, the sync light was on. Got connection back after a router reboot.
N/A

I get constant disconnections every day on the LLU line. Hopefully my migration back to bt will be through soon.

How are you able to go back to BT? I didn't think the customer had a choice whether there line was unbundled or not?
N/A

My speed is better now, around 3ish mb. not as good as usual of 5-6mb, but it'll do. hurray
N/A

No connection for 10 days and counting - terrible service, have never been treated so abominably.
N/A

No connection for 10 days and counting - terrible service, have never been treated so abominably.

Ditto

Nothing since 22nd August

Left completely in the dark - very poor.
N/A

wow, now I'm only getting 500kbs downstream, yet 450kbs upstream. wtf is goin on? I'm so sick and fucking tired of this crap :x

[Moderator's note by <Mark> (pcsni): Swear filter avoidance removed]
N/A

LLU to BT

If you still having the persitent disconnection problem, you'd better start thinking seriously about moving back to BTIPstream. Plusnet current LLU partner "Tiscalli" took about a month only to "find" the problem and has not yet been resolved. During the way, we found out that "Tiscalli" is using "NTL" to provide LLU service to Plusnet and all thing said, now we know when NTL messes up their network, we , plusnet user, are also affected by their action. This is not the way to run the business and being with that business model. They are not the priciple provider of the service. Neither of Plusnet or Tiscalli. That is why it took a month to just to find the problem.

Plusnet is publicly saying they are on the trial of LLU migration. That means they will provide LLU migration code(like Mac code) for those who would like to move out Plusnet LLU. If you can talk to the right representative on the support line, you will be able to get it.
N/A

So far as I can see the problem's PlusNet, not the LLU. I'm still on BT, at least I hope I am as they've "escalated" (ie lost) my problem to BT, but I've had no connection for nearly two weeks now, the third time I've been without service in a month. And in all that time, I've had no proper explanation from PN as to what the problem is, my questions have gone unacknowledged, never mind unanswered, requests for them to ring me (or provide a phone number I can ring them on if they can't afford the call!) have been ignored. The root cause may well be problems with LLU transfer but the chaos is solely caused by PlusNet being woefully unprepared for anything other than a very minimal support burden. They've tried to do it on the cheap and guess what happens if you pay peanuts .....
N/A

Yes, yes, yes

After many weeks of the problem I now have permanent loss of connection since friday, 3 days and counting. It all started to go wrong in April when I was Maxd
I have a question logged(20221286) which I presume is the same a fault report. Latest answer is that PN are putting me on interleave. Takes a day to implement and 5 days to become effective, I was advised.
So if by Wednesday it isn’t fixed then I am at the end of the road and its cancellation time.
Even the free 0808 dial in number given doesn’t work. The old 0845 number does, so it isn’t my dial in kit. Funny how extra chargeable stuff always seems to work.
N/A

Same here

I also have permanent disconnection that has never come back up since Friday. My 0808 number given by Plusnet still works but I have other 0800 number standby just in case because I don't trust them. Since it is getting costly in real term, I have already cancelled the service to move other ISP with better service for the money.
N/A

Still having disconnections this morning. I tried to go through the BB self-help assistant (which at least I now seem to be able to access, unlike last week), only to be told (after the final question) that I had resolved the problem and the only option left was "close fault" !!