cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on Abingdon Exchange LLU?

N/A

Anyone on LLU at the Abingdon (SMAI) exchange?

I am trying to find out whether the dial-up speeds ('broadband, but not as we know it'.... i.e. regular 0.05 Mb/s) I have been subjected to for the last few weeks are specific to me or whether others on this 'service' are experiencing similar issues.
13 REPLIES
N/A

A friend of mine (also with Plusnet) is LLU'd on the abingdon exchange and has been having terrible stability issues since he was LLU'd. So it's not just you!
N/A

Thanks - I was beginning to wonder.
N/A

Hey Chris, if you don't mind, could you ask your mate what speed he is getting now and what he used to get. I was getting about 1Mb/s on the 2 Mb/s service and now on 8 Mb/s LLU I am routinely getting 0.05 Mb/s (yes that's dial-up speed), or plugged direct to BT master a whopping 0.16 Mb/s.
N/A

Sure I'll speak to him tonight and let you know (or get him to post on here, think his username is almostzen).

Cheers.
N/A

Great - I wait with eager anticipation.... it will be more feedback than I've gotten from PN. It would be nice if you could see their fault stats by exchange; I wonder whether they look for trends?
N/A

Hey mate,

I'm LLU'd on the Abingdon exchange as well :-(

My speed seems to be really random. Since they 'moved me to another part of their network' on August first I've had speeds ranging from 64kb to 6.5mb.

As well as unstable speeds my connection has been dropping all the time and quite often need to reboot my router before I can reconnect.

Has your connecting been dropping as well?
N/A

Yup, drops reasonably frequently, but most annoying is the consistent dial-up speed I'm getting, unlike your lucky self who has experienced speeds one normally associates with broadband. Have you logged a fault? I have and have been waiting weeks with little/no feedback on what the issue might be.
N/A

I have raised a fault and they have changed the profile of my line so I am back to a 2mb connection...but my router is still dropping the connection :-(
N/A

I just found out that another friend from work is using PN LLU'd on the Abingdon exchange.

PN have changed his profile down to a 2mb connetion as well which has improved his stability. Now they have offered to change his profile to 1mb to try and improve stability more....I think you can guess what he said ;-)
N/A

LLU in Abingdon

I know exactly what he said!

Totally unacceptable as a starter for 10....

Not a happy bunny crawling along at 2mb (sometimes)
N/A

I can only dream of 1 Mb/s at the moment - I'm still (getting on for a month now) experiencing 0.15 Mb/s when plugged direct, otherwise 0.05 Mb/s.
N/A

Abingdon LLU

I'd suggest asking them for a refund or getting your service moved back to BT while they fix LLU.

You are paying for a service that is totally unacceptable and unusable
N/A

I have asked what a reasonable time for resolution might be, i.e. how long must I wait, before they will revert me back without charge to myself. The queation was completely ignored, and I was told for the 3rd time in 3 weeks that Tiscali are still diagnosing the problem and that they'll let me know when (IF) there is any news. Surely PN have a contract with Tiscali that requires Tiscali to fix problems within x days or they foot the bill for transfer off of LLU.

You would have to think that they are in breach of contract.... I mean I wouldn't get away with only paying for the fraction of the advertised service that I am receiving..... although it might be an idea to forward to Offcom!