cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone on 2mb Premier been upgraded to DslMax?

N/A

Hi, jsut wodnering if anyone on the old 2mb premier service has been upgraded to the new maxdsl? Im on 2mb, but yet to receive any change in my connection.
16 REPLIES
N/A

I was woundering the same thing!
N/A

I very much doubt if anyone on the 2mb premier packages have been upgraded yet as the priority is still the people paying for 4 / 8mb connections then PAYG then the rest in order of how long you've been with PN.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Not according to the latest statements.
PAYG gets no priority over the other products despite already being up to 8Mb
N/A

Wish someone would actually confirm what is going on - some posts from PN seem to indicate its the 4/8mb premier/+ customers then the rest and some as I posted above.

Wonder which it isHuh Suspect only time will reveal the true answer.
Griffo
Grafter

I am also in this band wagon, with the Premier peeps. Aren't we supposed to receive an email once our regrade has been put through to BT, then another when completed?
N/A

Yep, but I wouldn't expect to see it for a week or two... (think of it this way by the time we're upgraded all the teething troubles will have been ironed out).
N/A

As far as I have been told, you/anyone will receive an email stating that your line as been sent to BT for an upgrade and yntil this has been done then no one has so far been upgraded.

Just have to wait Im affraid.

from Plysnet

Once the payment has cleared (my direct debit) we can place the order but then BT need to get the engineer to do the work. BT can only process so many orders per day and it depends on their recsources in your area exactly when it completes. We will get you upgraded as soon as possible.
N/A

I got told this by plus.net

My account will be changed to the new 8mb one when my next billing date is. But my speeds wont be done then.
N/A

My bill payment goes through today, so this is when my payg account gets upgraded to the "up to 8Mb" service. I was told by PN that it may take up to 10 days before I get the speed increase.

I also gather that the actual speed increase you get is dependent on a number of things, so I may not get anything near 8Mb, but as long as it speeds up I'll be happy. I currently get around 240k per second downloading from a good source, I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll get with the faster service!
N/A

My bill payment goes through today, so this is when my payg account gets upgraded to the "up to 8Mb" service.

That's not the case. You are getting moved on to the new Product Set on your billing date - not getting the regrade to the higher speeds.

The new product set is a change in product name (Premier Up To 2Mbps becomes Premier Option 1, for example), you get the applicable PlusTalk account (on Premier the one with 240 minutes), you get the benefits of the new automated ellacoya system (emails straight away if you go over your usage levels), and access to the new VMBU tool (once it's launched).

Regrades are happening at a different time, as detailed elsewhere.
N/A

i got upgraded to option one cuz i "upgraded" but nothing has happened to my account yet. I read somehwere on the forum that it would be like may or something until we see the 2mb ppl get their max broadband...i mena how is that good service...ive been with plusnet or 2 years and plusnet are gonna give upgrades to everyone else 1st? doesnt make sense to me.
Griffo
Grafter

I'm in the same boat. Looking to u[grade to Option 1 and have been with PN for two years this May!
N/A

I've been here since 2002, and i haven't been upgraded yet !!
N/A

Right,

Again: The product change and the maxdsl upgrade are totaly independent events and can occur in any order. Secondly the option 1 premier customers will have to wait until ALL the option 2 and 3 customers (using the new names for clarity) have been upgraded and then depending on which post you read the PAYG customers who where paying for upto 8MB already. Once that lot have been delt with (and the BT regrade system only allows 700 regrades per day for an ISP of plusnets size) the rest of us have to wait in line in order of who has had their *ADSL* connection with PN for the longest.