cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone help with speed issue ?

N/A

Recently i have noticed when downloading files etc a slowing up of my 2mb connection.So i ran a few of plusnets connection tests these were coming out at between 700 and 1000kbs, i always used to get around 1800. Next i ran three of the BT speed test and my figures were

you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

769 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

621 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

716 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Next i tried ADSL guide

Downstream 790 Kbps (98.8 KB/sec) 853 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 265 Kbps (inc. overheads)

and finally

DSL reports.com

2005-10-23 19:45:39 EST: 810 / 229
Your download speed : 810 kbps or 101.2 KB/sec.
Your upload speed : 229 kbps or 28.6 KB/sec.

What i cant understand is why i have dropped when nothing has changed with my set up, but just to elimate that possibilty i tried another router and another puter and the results were broadly similiar. I am on BB premier with a 30-1 contention rate. Plusent says it cant raise a fault for speed becuase the results are within acceptable limits even though i have dropped by almost half of my previuos so what do i try next ?

any help appreciated
Ross
1 REPLY
N/A

Hi Ross,

I am locking this one in favour of your identical thread in Feedback.

Two threads on the same subject can get confusing.