Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone help - Speed Issues

dedwyddfa
Grafter

Hi,

I have reported my speed issues on this forum, but it seems my connection has hit a new low. BT Speed Tester...

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user xxxxxxxxxxxx and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

25 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Your IP address is xx.xx.xx.xxx, your browser is reported as being Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and is running on Windows XP.

BT would regard the speed ranges shown below as normal service:

For 250kbps End Users speeds between 50 - 250kbps.
For 500kbps End Users speeds between 100 - 500kbps.
For 1000kbps End Users speeds between 200 - 1000kbps.
For 2000kbps End Users speeds between 400 - 2000kbps.

You may now disconnect from the speed test account (click 'disconnect' in your internet connection window) and if you wish to regain normal access to the internet please re-connect to your ISP using your usual username and password.

Please note that test results may vary according to varying traffic in the network. If you continue to experience slower throughput when logged in to your ISP, this may be due to a slow internet site or high traffic levels beyond the BT Wholesale Network. Please report this situation to your ISP's helpdesk.

Anyone got any ideas as to deal with Plus.Net and BT with this. Have an open ticket and performing tests with them, but them seem to be dragging their heels.

Regards Ray
2 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Ray,

Those speeds are terrible, though you dont need me telling you.

Unfortunately though, BT are inundated with support problems at the moment and as I understand it Plus Net are double checking all possible user controlled problems before involving BT.

BT are suffering from their free upgrade program because they havent matched capacity to demand. The number of iffy or failed regrades coupled with increased levels of exchange contention is causing their systems to groan under the strain.

All you can do is co-operate with Plus Net, as any failure by you to work through BT's mandatory, self diagnostic processes will result in Plus Nets refusal to progress the issue.

I can only hope that you get this resoved quickly.
dedwyddfa
Grafter

Rest of my BT Speed Tests...

25 kilo bits per second (Kbps) @ 22:30
42 kilo bits per second (Kbps @ 00:06
109 kilo bits per second (Kbps) @ 00:43

Be faster if I walk.
Ray :twisted: