cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have trouble with BT?

N/A

Well my connection was supposed to be up on Thursday.
I actually connected up my wireless ADSL modem router on thursday to attempt to login, but my username and password couldn't be detected.

Things is, when i check my 'ADSL Status' on the modem, it tells me all these things about my line, i.e my upload speed, tranmit speed, and attainable speeds, then it goes on about some attenuances in dB (in the 10-20s) etc.

Also considering i can dial into the PN system, it should mean that my ADSL line is there right?

But PN tells me that BT says the line hasn't been completed yetHuh
What else do they need to do? My wireless router gives me all these ADSL results, even says my ADSL line is ON, but i cannot ping anyway, which is expected.

Anyone else experienced this?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What was your planned activation date?

If it is within a few days, BT may have activated your line early and not told PN yet. If you are sure your ADSL is activated, ring customer service (number at bottom of your page), tell them your router has sync to the exchange and ask for your account to be activated. Normally if you try connecting during a 1 hour period and PN se this, your account is activated automatically.

Can you post all the dB figures as this will tell you how good your line is, as well as what speed you are synced to the exchange at.
N/A

Count yourself lucky. I was activated on sunday & can't even get a dsl signal on my modem.

Christ knows how long it'll take BT to investigate.

Anyone know what their response times are like for looking into things like this?
N/A

Well, I was activated today according to PN.

I'm on a 2Mb line and am currently downloading at 1kb/s.
N/A

I've been connected for about a week now and speeds are still really poor, deffiently thinking of moving to a different isp. Is there any reasons why new users should have such poor speeds? 2meg line and it's not even close to isn that can't be classed as broadband.
N/A

Call up the customer support or raise a ticket online, Plus support usually quite quick in sorting stuff (from my own experience).