cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems?

Lorian
Grafter

Service has dropped for me - router diags says local loop and ATM are ok, but it can't authenticate.

Anyone else or just me? I'll raise a ticket anyhow.

Jc.
16 REPLIES
N/A

I sugest unplugging our modem from the phone line for anything from 30 mins to an hour.

My connection just flopped too and took only 75 seoncds to regain it.

We may have to wait 20 mins or so until we see what the usage graphs have to say.
Lorian
Grafter

We may have to wait 20 mins or so until we see what the usage graphs have to say.

Well I left it off while I tried to find the modem LOL, and its ok again now. remind me where the graphs are please.

Jc.
N/A

I'll save you the walk

Lorian
Grafter

Thanks
csogilvie
Grafter

Its now on the phoneline that there were reported problems and engineers were investigating.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

packetloss for me so yeah problems, ticket already submitted with traces, Thankfully its a monday night when the techs should be easy to get hold of so a quick fix.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Yes. I encountered problems trying to log in at 19:53 and 20:05 GMT. (Errors 691 and 718 using Conexant PCI modem). When I secured a connection it went down after a few minutes (very unusual).

Alan Law
N/A

Yup - line dropped twice for me tonight so far also. Connected fine within a couple of minutes though
mitchell20
Grafter

Yep slow down here too.....no dropped connection but 1Mb right down to 500Kbps at moment....guess it's due to to dropped pipes as reported by plus.net
N/A

Hi, problems browsing, connection keeps stalling or dropping off completely, now I'm gtting a page up from BT that says this:
You have been connected to this page due to one of the reasons listed below. You must now shut down your browser and Internet applications before attempting to reconnect.
You are testing your local connection to BT using 'bt_test_user@startup_domain'
You are testing your connection to your Service Provider using 'bt_test_user@domain' where domain is your Service Provider domain name.
Your Service Provider RADIUS server is currently out of service and you have been temporarily connected to this page - please contact your Service Provider for information or wait until service is resumed.
Your Service has been barred by your Service Provider - please contact your Service Provider for information.
You have attempted to access an invalid Service Provider domain.
The access circuit to your Service Provider is currently down. Your Service should be resumed soon.
This window will close automatically in two minutes time.

Must be with plusnet I guess.....
Chris
csogilvie
Grafter

Have you tried disconnecting again and reconnecting? Most of the pipes are back up now after BT knocked them out (according to the latest Service Stauts message) - and you're not the only one I've seen with this problem - there were posts in the newsgroups about people getting a BT IP.
N/A

Things still slow here. Lucky to get 500K out of a 1M line.
Tried resetting my connection, but makes no difference.
N/A

It's fine now, I powered cycled my PC and router. No further problems.
Cheers
Chris
N/A

connection cut off

I was online last night and at 10pm I had no internet service although the modem lights were on showing me as online but no page could be displayed telling me that my connection had broken. I am new to this always on connection. It happened earlier in the evening when I had to restart my computer and nothing would open up like my yahoo and msn. It looked like I was online but in fact I was not. The only thing I knew to try was to shut down computer this time wait a few minutes and then put it back on and wait for everything to load up again and then it was all systems go from 7pm - 10 pm when it disappeared again.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Sals :?