cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having problems regrading to the fastest speed?

N/A

Anyone else having problems regrading to the " fastest speed your line will support"?
Just regraded my account and i cant get 2mps,( under the fair usage propaganda) even though i know i can.
I live approx 1500m away from the BT exchange.
All of my nieghbours have 2mbs ( those of who have upgraded)
A BT engineer has said i am able to get 2mbps ( amazing what you fing out fot the price of a cuppa!!) when they came to test my line.

After paying for the regrade i must admit to feeling rather ripped off.

Just wondering if anyone else had had problems.

Other than that having a good Plus net contract Smiley

Tim
22 REPLIES
N/A

Apparently I can't get 2mb either. I live about 1.5 miles from the exchange = ~ 2000m. I know this is close to the limit but before lots of people used to use ADSL on my exchange, I could get it. Now that lots of people use ADSL on my exchange, I can't. Maybe I will get BT to test my line too.
N/A

I was on 1mb Lite service and paid to upgrade to "speeds up to 2mb" and my speeds have gone down !!!

Paid £14.99 for the privelidge too !!!
N/A

hmmm i paid 29.99
i had been advised that i was not able to get 2mbps i would not have upgraded.
basically ive been skanked out of 30 quid ! Sad
N/A

I've just submitted a ticket on this very issue too. I had my ADSL reprovisioned (at a cost of over £60) at my new address and of course, the line speed regrade was included in this.

However when I connected to the new service at our new address, I'm only connecting at 1Mb also, despite (like some of the others here) being close to the exchange and having very good line stats:

Line Condition

Protocol
Operation Mode G.DMT
ADSL State Showtime

Rate
Downstream 1152 kbps
Upstream 288 kbps

SNR
SNR 35 dB

ATEN
ATEN Downstream 20 dB
ATEN Upstream 10 dB

Loop Distance
Loop Distance 4 K ft.

Near end
FEC 0
CRC 0
HEC 0

Far end
FEC 0
CRC 0
HEC 0

I know it's just a guide, but even the BT wholesale checker reports 2MB should be available on my line, and the line stats above certainly support this. It will be interesting to see what comes of my support ticket! I hope this isn't BT's way of dealing with lack of backhaul from the exchanges! Cheesy

Cheers,
Graham
N/A

hmmm i paid 29.99
i had been advised that i was not able to get 2mbps i would not have upgraded.
basically ive been skanked out of 30 quid ! Sad

If you have paid the £30 and then informed you are not able to receive these speeds, you are able to receive a refund for the failed regrade.

This should have been issued automaticly as part of the failure notification.

If not, raise a ticket to find out where it is, or what is going on.
N/A

just had an email

they are looking into a refund and doing a whoosh test.
N/A

PlusNet support have taken the same route with me, and done a woosh test on my line. The results (to my eyes) look most favourable:

xDSL Status Check OK
Circuit Information
Circuit In Sync
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 10.5 dB
Cell Count 676
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 20.5 dB
Cell Count 629

I have to say, I was very impressed with how quickly PlusNet did the woosh test, but the ticket just came back to me with "here are your results" and no further course of action. I've returned the ticket to PlusNet, as surely this means my line was provisioned at 1Mb by mistake, when clearly my circuit can handle 2Mb?
N/A

Oh this is going from bad to worse now. I've just had a response from customer service saying "we have to wait for confirmation from bt when your line is available for the upgrade to 2mb, this will happen when our bulk order is completed from bt. "

What theHuh :x

This service is like 3 days oldHuh Were we not told all new services would be provided as MaxDSL?? If my line is not on MaxDSL, why am I getting 1Mb instead of 512K? (As that was originally what I was on prior to my reprovision). If my service *IS* MaxDSL (which I believe it is, hence the faster, but not fastest speed), why is a perfectly good line (see woosh test above) now provisioned at 1Mb instead of 2Mb??

GRRR!
N/A

just had this reply;-

Actioned : Dear Mr johnson,
Your reading is 43dB which is over the limit for a 2Mb service.

Regards,
Daniel Trappe

Shock horror, im right on the cut off, amazing that. :p

Makes me wonder why other isp's are spamming my letter box with offers of 2meg.
N/A

ive asked for the full readings aswell .
cjags
Grafter

Was very happy with 1M broadband then I seem to have got caught up in this free upgrade to 2M which has made my connection worse Sad The line speed is now 2M but the router just can't stay connected to plusnet for long. Sad Hopefully it can be sorted.

Downstream Upstream
ADSL Link Speed 2272 kbps 288 kbps
SNR 8.0 dB 11.0 dB
ATEN 53 dB 27 dB
N/A

Downstream Upstream
Line Status
ADSL Link Speed 2272 kbps 288 kbps
SNR 14.5 dB 11.5 dB
ATEN 52 dB 29 dB

I am getting frequent connection dropouts, and my download speeds rarely exceed 900kbps.
BT currently have a fault against my line, so hopefully I will see some improvement soon Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

You shouldn't have a 2Mb connection on that line.

The maximum downstream Attenuation is 43dB. Your SNR isn't great either.

Has it never worked? Or have your line stats suddenly got bad?
N/A

Its always been a little tempremental, got a lot worse over the last few days. Line stats haven't changed that much, SNR fluctuates between 10 and 14. Attenuation between 49 and 54. My line has always reported as able to get 2 meg on the BT checker, and I guess it passed BT's original tests. I have just booked a time slot for an engineer visit.

Edit: Thats not actually true. Before the regrade, when on 512k, the SNR was closer to 30. Attenuation was the same.