cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else have their ADSL downloads cut out?

N/A

In the last week or so, my connection has been acting strange.Every few minutes, the downloads and uploads will cease and then re start again after a few seconds. The connection doesn't go down, but the bandwidth gets reduced to zero (both upload and download).This affects email ,downloads from web sites, ftp's, P2P programs, ICQ,MSN etc.
Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

cheers
Matthew
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Sometimes yes but usually when I'm routed via a known bad box on PN's side, namely lo0.plusnet.pth-ag1.plus.net. If you see that IP in ping trace on hop 2 or 3, reboot your router to see if you get routed differently.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Yes, I've seen this on *ag1.plus.net before. Rebooting until I hit ag2 does seem to improve matters.

You say it's a "known bad box on PN's side". I wonder if PN agree with you. The evidence does suggest that there IS a problem here. It'd be nice to get it sorted out!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

well everytime I have packetloss or slow browsing and I do a ping trace it's that box I'm be routed via. It has been tat way for a couple of months now, but would have thought my traces submitted to PN would have gotten a Techs attention by now.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Yep - I also have a problem with that box. It works, it's just slower.
N/A

This was reported earlier in the week, and I did note that it had been reported before and I feel support should look at it.

It was submitted to the networks team, however, they couldn't see anything in it.

If as many users can submit as much as possible with regards to prooving it only happens on AG1, then they will have to look again.
N/A

Would providing tracert details be enough?
N/A

Yes, providing there are enough prooving that there is a differance between the two routers.
N/A

not quite sure what a "bad box" is , but presumably I have one.
Community Veteran

You don't have one... it's just that your computer uses it... the people are referring to equipment at PlusNet which is routing data to you over the internet.

Thomas
N/A

thanks Thomas.
I did kinda guess that.

Cheers,
zzzzx
N/A

My connection always cuts out. Only been on ADSL for less than a week, and the connection eventually stops. I am having to reboot several times every couple of hours as when I try to disconnect and then reconnect nothing happens. Can't do either! BT have checked the line, that's OK. Have the latest drivers, XP service packs and updates etc. And Plusnet's 9 hour promise has taken 2 days so far for me. I'm underwhelmed by Plusnet.
N/A

Can I ask where you received this 9 our promise.

PlusNet do not have and SLA (Service level aggreement) in place, thus there are no gurentees on when items are responded to.

If you are refering to the time shown when submitting a ticket. This only shows the average time for dealing with tickets.

You have to remember, each ticket is unique and presents unique problems. It could be a simple matter of refering a user to a page showing server details.

However, the problem could be complex, and may need further escalation into support. These are not allways possible right off. You also have to remember, some depertments do not work weekends, thus you ticket may be on hold till monday.
N/A

Okay, it's not a 'promise', but in my case I replied to an enquiry asking when my computer would be on. I then had to send another note saying that during the day my pc was turned off because I had an electrician at my home. A further note asked you to advise me when it would be best for me to leave my connection on again, but got no reply. I also sent notes with 'symptoms' of my problem, but when I phoned your help line I was told that this would just push my ticket further down the queue. Despite this, not all doom and gloom! Every time I've contacted you on the phone your staff have always been very helpful, polite and professional.
N/A

Am I to assume that PLUSNET are aware of this problem and are in the process of sorting it out?
Just wondering ,since I don't seem to be alone in having this problem. Assuming of course, that it is to do with Plusnet and not the telephone company.