cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone connected to Mac OS9?

sorbet

Things are going pretty well. I am happy swapping between one PC with XP and an older one with 98SE. Also have a good connection with OSX, but I can't get the OS9 on the same machine to work. This would be useful as my principal Mac software, in daily use, is OS9.
Has anyone set up a 500k Binatone USB on a G4 running OS9. I can't get it setup yet.
Thanks, Andy

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Removed bold tags from topic. These do not function there and serve nothing other than to get your thread ignored]
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've not tried setting it up on OS9, have you had a look a Binatone's site at

ftp://customer:binatone@80.176.199.241/ADSL500 New Version/Mac/

there's a setup guide on there for OS9 and drivers if you don't have them.
sorbet

OS9 TCP/IP (Setup Ethernet)

Dear Dave,
Thanks for the input (ty acarr as well).
Basically I've got beyond the driver stage. I'm pretty sure that is not the issue. What I need is guidance regarding the TCP/IP addresses.
There are 4 setup options: manual, using BootP Server, using DHCP Server, & using RARP Server.
These require all of the following fields for a manual setup: IP address, Subnet mask, Router address, Name server address, & Search domains.
Configuring using DHCP Server requires a DHCP Client ID.
I'm sure one or other of these setups will do fine, but I'm struggling with what values to enter in these fields.
It's odd that Binatone don't support OS9, yet they include an OS9 driver on the installation disk - makes it tough to know who to turn to for help!
Regards, Andy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'd suggest trying it as DHCP and the DHCP Client ID should be 192.168.1.2
TCP/IP should then be able to pick up the IP details from the modem automatically and you should be able to login in to the configuration screen by entering http://192.168.1.2 in the web browser.
sorbet

Happy now

Dear Dave,

Everything worked out, and I now have a good fast connection in OS9.

Thanks for all the help,

Andy